Money Saving Tips
- Always use an in-network pharmacy. Pharmacy options vary by plan.
- Use Preferred Specialty pharmacies for specialty drugs1.
- Use Preferred providers for medical equipment and supplies2.
- Choose generic drugs when available.
- Compare drug costs for your plan -available online and on mobile devices!
- Use home delivery pharmacy services for your maintenance medications, if available.
Top 4 Reasons to Choose Generics
- They're safe.
Generic medications are tested and approved by the FDA, and they're manufactured in FDA-inspected facilities.
- They're effective.
Generics are required to have the same active ingredients and must work the same as their brand-name counterparts to obtain FDA approval.
- They can save you money.
Choosing a generic equivalent could save you 30% to 80% over a brand-name counterpart.
- It's easy to switch to a generic.
Ask your doctor to prescribe a generic alternative or ask your pharmacist to contact your physician.
Top 3 Reasons to Use Home Delivery Pharmacy Services
Convenience. You get a three-month supply of medication and it’s delivered right to your door!
Savings. Your pay less with 90-day supply and you save on trips to the pharmacy.
Help. You can talk with a pharmacist or pharmacy technician 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.
Prime Therapeutics is Florida Blue’s contracted provider for prescription drug administration.
1Specialty medications are high-cost injectable, infused, oral or inhaled medications that generally require close supervision and monitoring of the patient’s therapy.
2Equipment and supplies ordered by a health care provider for everyday or extended use, such as oxygen equipment, wheelchairs, crutches or blood testing strips for diabetics.