It's in our DNA to create the solutions our communities need to stay healthy.
Our values are non-negotiable. They describe the core principles that serve as a compass for our actions and describe how we behave in the world.
- Respect – We believe everyone deserves to be valued and treated with dignity.
- Integrity – We believe in honesty, truthfulness, and adherence to the highest ethical standards.
- Inclusion – We believe health equity is a right and that helping everyone belong makes us smarter and stronger.
- Imagination – We believe embracing new and different ideas helps us advance health together.
- Courage – We believe speaking up and taking the right action—even when it is hard—is how we get better.
- Excellence – We believe in driving high-quality results that make our customers love us.
We brought the first Blues plan to Floridians in 1945 to enable access to quality, affordable care. In the decades since, we’ve built a new world of health care resources. Today, our mission-driven, not-for-profit model continually puts innovation to work for nearly 6 million members.
In our pursuit to deliver high-quality, affordable care for all, Florida Blue has become the largest single state provider of individual marketplace plans in the country. In 2006, we were the first insurer to open neighborhood hubs where members could speak directly with experts about their health.
Throughout the last two decades, we’ve tackled critical health inequities among at-risk communities with our partners and through our Florida Blue Foundation — the state’s largest health-focused philanthropic organization.
As we continue to expand our health solutions, we make a point of choosing partners who share our sense of purpose, inclusion, and commitment to providing you with the resources and support you need . . . and in your preferred language.
Partners like Papa Pals connect college students with our Medicare Advantage members to assist with things like picking up prescriptions, grocery shopping, and providing companionship. Another partner, Lucet, helps connect those in need with mental health support. We even offer transportation to doctor appointments through Lyft at no additional cost.
We go the extra mile to deliver the personalized care you deserve in realizing your total optimal health.