Sync Your Refills
You may be able to sync your prescriptions and pick them up at the same time, even if the entire supply hasn’t been used yet. You can ask your pharmacist to call Prime Therapeutics for approval at 1-800-821-4795.
The following can't be partially filled using the sync program:
- Over-the-counter medications
- Controlled substances
- Prescriptions dispensed in an unbreakable or multi-dose package
Fine Print on Refill Time Frames and Controlled Substances
- Prescriptions can be filled or refilled within one year from the date they are written.
- Prescriptions for a controlled Schedule II can’t be refilled.
- Prescriptions for a controlled Schedule III, IV or V can’t be filled or refilled more than five times within six months after the date they were written.
1A prior authorization is an approval from Florida Blue that is required before certain services will be covered by your health plan. Your doctor will need to submit an authorization request that is approved prior to these services to ensure you have coverage. Exceptions may apply for medical emergencies.
2Certain drugs are not covered unless you try another FDA approved drug first. There may be a lower cost drug that is clinically and cost effective to treat your condition. If an alternate drug is not recommended for you or you had other insurance when you tried the alternate drug, simply ask your doctor to submit an authorization form to request that the drug be covered.
3Some drugs have a maximum quantity that is covered for a given time period. For example, if your doctor prescribes a medication that has a 30-day limit of 9 tablets, your plan covers 9 tablets that month. These safety limits are based on the drug manufacturer’s and Food and Drug Administration’s dosing guidelines.
4Prescription drugs are grouped by Tier. The lower the tier, the lower your cost share.
5This refers to a group of drugs, such as generic, preferred brand, non-preferred brand or therapeutic alternative.