More . . .
Enrolling and Making Payments
- I recently applied for coverage. How do I make my first payment (binder payment)?
If you didn’t make a payment when you applied for coverage, you’ll need to make your payment in full before your coverage will start. Look for a payment letter and a bill in the mail.
It takes up to 10 days to process your payment. If your payment is still processing when your coverage takes effect and you need care right away, there will be a few extra steps to verify your payment and coverage first.
Pay by phone or online 24/7
You can pay with a credit card, a debit card or by electronic funds transfer (EFT). Follow the prompts and select the option ‘Make a Payment’.
- Member Number
- Social Security Number
- Zip Code
- Bank or credit card information
- How do I make premium payments for my health plan?
Choose from these easy ways to pay:
Set up automatic payments or make a one time payment online. Click here for payment steps.
Pay through your bank or credit union: If you make payments through your bank or credit union’s online bill pay system, please have the payment sent to Florida Blue, P.O. Box 660879, Dallas, TX, 75266-0879.
Pay by phone: Call 1-800-352-2583 to make a payment by Electronic Funds Transfer, which means a transfer from your bank or credit union account to Florida Blue. You may be asked to provide your birth date or zip code.
Pay by mail: Send us a check, cashier’s check or money order, along with the bottom section of your bill. Be sure to write your Invoice Number and Member Number/Application ID on your check or money order. The payment address is Florida Blue, P.O. Box 660879, Dallas, TX, 75266-0879.
Pay in person: Visit Money Gram (moneygram.com or 1-800-666-3947) or ACE Cash Express (acecashexpress.com or 1-877-223-2274) to pay with cash. Visit the website or call for locations/hours. Be sure to include the following information with your payment:
- Company/Biller Name: Florida Blue Payment Center
Note: At Money Gram, you’ll need the Receiver Code 13731 to make a payment. ACE doesn’t require one. These vendors charge you a fee to process a payment.
Pay at participating retailers: Visit a CVS/pharmacy® (except Target locations) or Navarro Discount Pharmacy® retail location to pay with cash, credit card or debit card. Payments can also be made at Dollar General® stores using cash or debit cards. These retail locations can accept payments of up to $999 per policy per 24 hours, and Dollar General will have to swipe your card twice if you’re paying more than $500. Take the barcode that is printed on your invoice, or log in to your member account at floridablue.com to print a your payment barcode. The cashier will scan the barcode when you make a payment, and your account will be credited within five business days.
If you have questions about making payments, call the customer service number on that back of your member ID card.
- What are the first steps I should take as a new member?
1. Activate your member account at floridablue.com
Get your health information 24/7 and on the go—and get the inside scoop on members-only special offers that come along.
- Go to floridablue.com.
- Click LOG IN and then New User Registration.
- Enter your member ID number (shown on your bill or ID card), and complete a few steps.
2. Take charge!
Everything you need is now at your fingertips!
- Go to My Account to review your profile. Make sure your phone number, address and email are correct. Choose "electronic communications" to avoid a lot of mail and get information in real time.
- You can also pay your bill, view or print ID cards, check benefits and more – from your home PC or any mobile device.
3. Set up autopay
Set it and go, so you don’t have to worry about missing a payment. Simply log in and follow the prompts to "pay my bill" and set up autopay.
4. Keep your doctor’s name handy
Stay healthy and save money by going to doctors in your plan’s network. If you have myBlue, be sure to start with your assigned primary care doctor. Make sure you fill prescriptions at in-network pharmacies, like Walgreens. Remember, if you get your prescriptions filled out-of-network, like at CVS/Target pharmacy or Navarro, you’ll pay full price.
5. Schedule an appointment
- Schedule a $0 wellness checkup with a doctor in your plan’s network. If you have myBlue, be sure to start with your assigned primary care doctor. After this visit, you and your doctor will have a clearer picture of your overall health, and you can work together to make a plan to live healthier for the rest of the year.
- If you’re already under a doctor’s care, be sure to schedule an appointment to stay on a healthy path and get any medications you may need.
- Can I pay my premium bill online?
- What is Automatic “Reoccurring” Payment Option and how do I sign up?
An automatic “recurring” payment is an automatic withdrawal of your monthly premium payment from a checking or savings account (Debit and credit cards are not accepted). If you are enrolled in an individual plan (not an employer-provided plan), you can set up automatic payments online at FloridaBlue.com.
To sign up for automatic payments, follow these steps.
- You can also set up automatic payments by calling the customer service number on your member ID card or 1-800-FLA-BLUE (352-2583).
How can I cancel my Automatic Payment Option?
- To cancel automatic payments, call the customer service number on your member ID card or 1-800-FLA-BLUE (352-2583).
- How do I change my address online?
If you have selected your plan through the Federal Marketplace, please log into your account healthcare.gov. You can contact the Marketplace at 1-800-318-2596 for assistance.
If you have purchased a plan directly through Florida Blue, please log into floridablue.com. Under My Account, select Account Settings to view and update your address. If you do not see the link, you may not have access. For employer-provided coverage, please contact your employer to change your address. If you have any questions, please call the Customer Service number on your member ID card or 1-800-FLA-BLUE (352-2583).
- How do I add an authorized representative?
If you selected your plan through the Federal Marketplace, you will need to update both the Federal Marketplace records and Florida Blue records. Please contact the Marketplace at 1-800-318-2596 for assistance to update their records. To update the Florida Blue records please print the Authorization to Share Protected Health Information and return to the address listed on the form.
- How can I add or delete an individual from my contract?
If you selected your plan through the Federal Marketplace, please contact the Marketplace at 1-800-318-2596 for assistance.
If you selected your plan through Florida Blue, a Change Application form must be completed and signed by the primary account holder, and then submitted with a copy of the supporting document(s) described below. Send your request by fax to (904) 565-6082 - Attention: Florida Blue Enrollment Membership at or mail to: Florida Blue/Direct M&B, PO Box 45074, Jacksonville, FL 32232-5074.
To delete a dependent - Submit a Change Application form.
To delete a spouse due to divorce - Submit a Change Application form and a copy of the legal document(s) showing the divorce date (i.e. divorce decree).
To add a Newborn - Submit a Change Application form and be sure to include the newborn's date of birth and gender.
To add a dependent (other than a newborn) - Please contact your local agent or call 1-800-459-8431 and have the primary account holder available.
- Can I pay my bill after the due date?
Late payments can affect your eligibility, claim payments, and potentially lead to termination of your coverage. Payments should be made in full and are due on the last day of the month.
- Will I get a new member ID card?
If you are a new member or select a new Florida Blue health plan, you will receive a new member ID card with your plan documents or you may receive the card in a separate envelope. If you change plans, but your plan name did not change, you will not receive a new card automatically. This is because your benefit information is stored in the magnetic stripe on the back of the card. Remember, you can print paper ID cards at any time through your online account and view your ID card from any mobile device using the Florida Blue mobile app.
- Who can I call after I have enrolled if I have questions about my health insurance plan?
Call the Customer Service number on your member ID card or 1-800-FLA-BLUE (352-2583), Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Friday 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. You can easily access your health and pharmacy benefits, eligibility and claims information, automatically over the phone using your keypad. If you need to talk to someone, you can quickly reach a customer service representative.
You can also log in to your member account 24/7at FloridaBlue.com to check your health plan benefits, find doctors in your network, print an ID card, or get estimates on the cost of medical services or prescription drugs. Plus find health and wellness resources, including exclusive member discounts and more! Members with individual or family coverage, not through an employer, can also pay their premium online.
- Why doesn't my member ID card show everyone covered under my contract or health policy?
ID cards for most plans currently print only the subscriber of the health plan. Names of individuals covered under your health plan are stored in the magnetic stripe on the back of each card and within Florida Blue systems. Your provider’s (hospitals, labs, pharmacies, and doctors) office uses this stripe to identify people covered under your health plan.
- What should I do if the name on my ID card is spelled incorrectly?
If you selected your plan through the Federal Marketplace then please contact the Marketplace at 1-800-318-2596 to have the spelling of your name corrected.
If you have selected your plan through Florida Blue, please call Customer Service number on your member ID card or 1-800-FLA-BLUE (352-2583) to have the spelling of your name corrected.
In either case, we will send you a new ID card once we receive the corrected spelling. If you are part of an employer-provided plan, please contact your benefit administrator or HR office to ensure that your company has the correct spelling of your name.
- I lost my ID card. What should I do if I need to see a doctor or fill a prescription?
Please log in at floridablue.com. Under the My Account tab, select ID Card Services to print a paper ID card. The paper ID card is accepted at doctor offices, pharmacies and other provider offices just like the plastic ID cards. Or you can request a replacement card. Note: Your ID card can be viewed online from any mobile device (such as your smartphone) when you log into your account. You can show your phone screen to the doctor’s office for your proof of coverage.
- How do I order additional ID cards?
Please log in at floridablue.com. Under the My Account tab, select ID Card Services to order additional cards. Or call the Customer Service number on your member ID card or 1-800-FLA-BLUE (352-2583) to request additional cards.
You can also easily print out a paper ID card at any time from your member account. The paper ID card is accepted at doctor offices, pharmacies and other provider offices just like the plastic ID cards.
- Simply log in in to your member account using your User ID and password
- Click on My Plan in the top navigation and select ID Card Services
- Printing a copy of the member ID card
1. In order to print a paper ID card, click the Print Card button
2. A small window opens with a copy of the ID card
3. Then press the Print button and follow the instructions of the browser to print the card
- Do I need to carry my member ID card with me at all times?
Yes. Your ID card identifies you as a Florida Blue member. You will need to present it each time you seek health care services. Note: Your ID card can be viewed online from any mobile device (such as your smartphone) when you log into your account.
- I’m under age 65. Where can I find my Member Rights and More?
Please click Member Rights and More to view or print this document and read about:
- Your rights and responsibilities, including the complaint, grievance and appeal process, the right to an external review and how to obtain language assistance
- Eligibility and referrals for managing an illness or disease and help coordinating your care
- Preventive medical and behavioral health information
- Financial Incentives Policy
- How Florida Blue protects your privacy
- Quality improvement programs, including member satisfaction survey results and progress
If you would like to receive a printed copy of this information mailed to you, please call the number on your member ID card between 8 am-9 pm, Monday-Thursday, and 9 am-9 pm on Friday and choose the “Other” option. TTY/TDD users call Florida Relay at 711.
- How do I change my last name due to a marriage or divorce?
If you have selected your plan through the Federal Marketplace, please contact the Marketplace at 1-800-318-2596 for assistance.
If you have selected your plan through Florida Blue a Change Application form must be completed and signed by the primary account holder, and then submitted with a copy of the legal document(s) showing the name change (i.e., marriage certificate, divorce decree, or driver’s license). Send your request by fax to (904) 565-6082 Attention: Florida Blue, Enrollment Membership or mail to: Florida Blue/Direct M&B, PO Box 45074, Jacksonville, FL 32232-5074. Change Application Non-HMO(PDF) Change Application HMO (PDF)
You can also call the Customer Service number on your member ID card or 1-800-FLA-BLUE (352-2583) for assistance.
- How do I find out about lower cost plans?
We have many plans from which to choose. To find a plan that best meets your needs and budget, please call your local agent, stop in a Florida Blue Center, or call 1-800-876-2227.
- How do I cancel my coverage?
If you have coverage through your job, please contact your benefit administrator or your HR office at your employer for details.
If you have selected your plan through the Federal Marketplace, please contact the Marketplace at 1-800-318-2596 for assistance.
If you have selected your plan through Florida Blue, a Change Application form must be completed and signed by the primary account holder, and then faxed to (904) 565-6082 Attention: Florida Blue Enrollment Membership or mailed to: Florida Blue/Direct M&B, PO Box 45074, Jacksonville, FL 32232-5074.
You can also call the Customer Service on your member ID card or 1-800-FLA-BLUE (352-2583) for assistance.
- How do I get a status or find out about my application?
For answers about the status of your enrollment application or subsidy, please contact one of the following:
If you applied for health coverage on your own through the Health Insurance Marketplace, please visit healthcare.gov or call 1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325).
If your application was submitted directly to Florida Blue, please contact your agent or Florida Blue sales representative.
FB MEM FAQ 002 NF 042017