Advocacy Resources for Behavioral Health
The behavioral health advocacy movement has developed over the last 30 years as a means of combating stigma and prejudice against people with mental disorders. There are many advocacy organizations and resources available for professionals and the public. We have included several links below to some of the major behavioral/mental health organizations in the U.S. Here you will find numerous articles, tools, guidelines and other relevant information.
• American Psychiatric Association (external site)
• Florida Behavioral Health Organization (external site)
• National Alliance on Mental Health (external site)
• National Association for Behavioral Health (external site)
• National Council for Mental Wellbeing (external site)
• National Mental Health Organizations (external site)