State of Florida Employees
We’ve reserved this section of our website to provide you with the information and resources you need to take complete advantage of your health plan benefits. Your plan offers you the freedom to choose any doctor and hospital for care.
Maximize your benefits, and free yourself from claims filing and balance billing, by choosing “Preferred Patient Care” (as seen on your member ID card) within Find a Doctor to view physicians and providers who participate in the provider network specifically for State Employee plans.
Teladoc (telehealth) Visits — Services for Primary Care Benefits through Dec. 31, 2021
Access Teladoc 24/7 with a $0 copay. Doctors will listen, diagnose, prescribe medication, and refer to another location for care, if determined to be medically necessary. First set up a Teladoc account, this will include providing some general medical information as well as any medications you are taking and the names of your current physicians or providers. Click here to begin the registration process or download the Teladoc app from the Apple App or Google Play stores, Click here for information on the app. Teladoc is available in English and Spanish. For questions, call Teladoc at 800-835-2362.
Virtual (telehealth) Visits — Services for Primary Care Benefits through Dec. 31, 2021
Your current in-network or out-of-network provider may also conduct visits through an audio-visual (telehealth) method. Just ask your provider if he or she provides virtual visit services and if your primary care service is suitable for a virtual visit. For more information on telehealth virtual visits, call Florida Blue Customer Service at 1-800-825-2583.
To learn more about the telehealth benefits, please visit the Division of State Group Insurance website by clicking here.
Plan Forms and Brochures
- Floridablue.com or floridablue.com/state-employees is your online source to access personalized information, health management programs, discounts and services to keep you in charge of your health and health care. When you log in to your account, you’ll be able to:
- Join Better You Strides, an online program that gives you a step-by-step guide to better health:
- Take a health assessment to get a picture of your health.
- Receive your Personal Health Journey to help you get and stay healthy.
- Track your progress using more than 100 popular wearable fitness devices and apps.
- View your Member Health Statement that includes how claims were processed including your out-of-pocket costs, deductibles, and provider payments, and gives you resources and money-saving tips to help you take control of your health care costs. Click Claims & Statements.
- Estimate the cost of medical services and office visits along with quality ratings. Click Tools, then Compare Medical Costs.
- Medical Policies (Medical Coverage Guidelines) Florida Blue develops medical policies in consultation with expert physicians from various medical specialties, clinical studies published in respected scientific journals, and various medical-specialty organizations. These medical policies which consist of medical guidelines are used when making clinical determinations. Florida Blue medical coverage guidelines can be found here.
- Tips for Receiving Care and Saving Money Here are a few important things to remember.
- Division of State Group Insurance (DSGI) The DSGI website offers and manages a comprehensive package of health and welfare insurance benefits for active and retired state employees and their families.
- Florida Blue Member Account With your online member account, you can check claim status, request a replacement ID card, print forms, update Other Carrier Liability information and make general inquiries. Your member account is accessible 24 hours a day. For details, see this presentation that gives you a tour of your member website.
- Personal Health Information (PHI) Address Available Adult dependents (spouse and/or child(ren)) may request to receive communications of health information from the plan at an alternative address of their choice. If you want to exercise this right, please contact us at 1-800-825-2583 and advise the advocate that you would like to request a PHI address for your mail.
- 24-hour Nurseline For general health questions, support for an ongoing chronic condition or preventive health information, you have access to a professional staff of nurses and health coaches. Call 1-877-789-2583, 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.
- BlueCard® Program The BlueCard® Program, available through the BCBS Association, gives you access worldwide to the participating providers of independent BCBS organizations, whenever you need it. BlueCard® brochure (PDF) English | En Español
- Blue365® Discount Program Enjoy special member values on many services and go beyond your health insurance. Blue 365® offers you access to trusted health and wellness resources 365 days a year.
- Healthcare Bluebook Effective January 1, 2019, State Employees can use Healthcare Bluebook to search the quality and cost ratings for doctors and hospitals. This information can help you make an informed decision about care and save on your out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- How It Works
- Not all doctors and facilities are created equal. A hospital may have a high overall quality, but scores lower in the service you need. Healthcare Bluebook gives you the whole story so you can make the healthcare decision that is best for you. Get started today at healthcarebluebook.com/cc/SOF
- Go Green to Get Green
- Healthcare Bluebook makes it simple to compare doctors and hospitals. Through Healthcare Bluebook’s Go Green to Get Green rewards program, the providers highlighted in green offer the highest quality services for the best value. Choose a provider and earn a reward—a credit to the savings or spending account of your choice—for having the procedure in these easy steps:
- 1. Use Healthcare Bluebook to find a doctor and service that’s eligible for a reward.
- 2. Have the procedure.
- 3. Healthcare Bluebook will let the State Group Insurance Program know that you earned the reward to be deposited.
- Effective January 1, 2019, State Employees can use SurgeryPlus to save money and earn rewards on planned medical procedures. And when you use SurgeryPlus, you could earn a reward—a credit to the savings or spending account of your choice.
- How It Works
- SurgeryPlus is separate from your health plan and has its own network of providers. The surgeries that are covered under SurgeryPlus are also covered under the State Group Health Insurance Program. But, they’re packaged in a way that delivers more value to you.
- SurgeryPlus bundles commonly used services into a single, value rate to save you money. For example, if you have knee replacement surgery, you’d typically get a separate bill from the surgeon, the surgery center or hospital, anesthesiologist and radiologist. With SurgeryPlus, the State of Florida will get one bill with a “bundled” rate for doctors and medical procedures by cost and quality.
- Earn Rewards with SurgeryPlus
- SurgeryPlus makes it easy for you to save money on quality health care and earn rewards. Choose a bundled service and earn a reward—a credit to the savings or spending account of your choice—for having the procedure in these easy steps:
- 1. Use SurgeryPlus to choose a provider for your “bundled” service.
- 2. Have the procedure.
- 3. SurgeryPlus will let the State Group Insurance Program know that you earned a reward to be deposited.
- Get Started
- Call SurgeryPlus at 844-752-6170 to get started. The SurgeryPlus Care Advocate will walk you through the process, answer your questions and help you select a doctor or facility. You can also visit Florida.SurgeryPlus.com (Portal access Code: surgeryplus).
- CVS Caremark
Information and Resource Websites
State Employees' Prescription Drug Plan
Send a Secure Message
P.O. Box 2896
Jacksonville, FL 32232-0079
Visit a Center near you or call 1-877-352-5830.
Change of Address or Questions Regarding Enrollment/Eligibility
1-866-663-4735 or online.
Report Fraud & Abuse
1-800-678-8355 or online.
FB SG 001 NF 092020