What’s changing about health insurance for 2018?
2018 Health Plan Changes for Members Who Buy Insurance on Their Own
While there’s a lot of talk about changes to our health care laws, the Affordable Care Act is still the law of the land. You can keep your Florida Blue health coverage. And if you’re eligible, you can continue to get financial assistance based on the 2018 eligibility guidelines.
This year you have less time to enroll or change plan: December 15 is the deadline. We’re working hard to help you stay covered in 2018.
- Look for you 2018 health plan information packet in the mail by November 1. Some of our plans have changed significantly, due to required benefit and premium changes. Read it carefully and know your options:
- Auto-enroll. If you want to keep the 2018 plan described in your packet, enrollment is automatic! Simply pay your January bill when it arrives in December.
- See your 2018 premium tax credit. If you get a premium tax credit, log in to your Florida Blue account after November 1 to see your new payment amount.
Many factors could affect how much you qualify for, including:
- Household income
- Home address
- Number of dependents
- Unfiled tax returns for 2015 or 2016
- Talk to a Florida Blue agent. If you’re not sure you want to keep your 2018 plan, or you’d like to hear about other plan options, a Florida Blue agent can help you understand any changes to your 2018 health plan and options for your needs and budget.
- Mark you calendar with important dates.
- November 1 - December 15: Open enrollment for health insurance coverage.
- December 15: If you are considering a different health plan for 2018, don’t miss the December 15 deadline. Otherwise, you may not be able to make a change until 2019. You can call to set up an appointment with a Florida Blue agent.
- January 1 is the last day to make your January payment, so you have coverage on January 1, 2018.
With Florida Blue, you can rest assured we have plans to fit your needs and we’ll be here for you––as we have been for more than 70 years.
Filed under: Education