Rewards to Help You with Premium Payments and Medical Expenses
We recognize many of our friends and neighbors in Florida are experiencing financial difficulties as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. We want to help lessen the burden. That’s why we’ve created more opportunities that can help you with premium payments and health care costs.
Members with ACA Plans Can Earn Up to $500 Toward Premium*
If you purchased an Affordable Care Act (ACA) health plan for you and your family (not through your job), you can earn up to $500 in 2020 toward your premium by participating in Better You Strides, Florida Blue’s online health and rewards program. That’s an increase of $400! Covered family members age 18 and over can earn the rewards, too. So, if three people on your plan qualify and complete the wellness activities, that’s up to $1,500 toward your premium this year. Plus, we’ve made it easier to earn rewards—you can complete up to six health and wellness activities any time. That means you can earn the full $500 in a matter of hours or a few days, depending upon the healthy activity programs you complete. Here’s how it works:
- Log in or create a member account on floridablue.com, then click Better You Strides. All rewardable activities are clearly marked with the dollar amount you can earn.
- Complete the health assessment to earn a $250 reward. You’ll only need 15 minutes.
- Got another five minutes to spare? Find the new “Reduce Your Premium” journey card and complete the activity to earn another $50 reward.
- Complete up to four self-guided health and wellness programs and earn a $50 reward for each—that’s $200! Some programs take as little as 30 minutes to complete.
- You’ll see the reward amount on your next month’s invoice. We’ll apply the rewards to your premium until they’re used up.
If you’ve already completed Better You Strides activities, don’t worry. We’ll automatically increase your reward amount and apply a credit toward your monthly premium.
Pre-ACA Members Can Earn a $300 Reward**
Starting June 1, members with an individual/family health plan they’ve had since before the Affordable Care Act can earn a one-time $300 reward just by watching a short video about staying safe during the coronavirus crisis. More good news—covered family members age 18 and over* can each earn the reward, too! Here’s how:
- Log in or create a member account on floridablue.com.
- Click on Learn How, located within the white message box in the middle of the screen.
- On the next page that appears, tap on Click here to get started! Watch a short video (less than 3 minutes) featuring Dr. Kelli Tice Wells, our senior medical director.
That’s all there is to it! We’ll mail you a $300 prepaid gift card+ that can be used to help pay for medical services, including copays and coinsurance (please allow up to eight weeks for delivery). We’ll use the mailing address we have on file, so be sure we have the correct one!
If You Have Florida Blue Coverage Through Your Job**
If you have Florida Blue coverage through your job, you and covered family members age 18 and over may be eligible for the $300 reward! To check your eligibility, follow these steps:
- Log in or create your member account at floridablue.com.
- You’re eligible to earn the $300 reward if you see a white message box in the middle of the page with information about the reward and a Learn How button.
- Click the Learn How button.
- On the next page that appears, tap on Click here to get started! Watch a brief video featuring Dr. Kelli Tice Wells, our senior medical director, who shares tips on staying safe during the coronavirus crisis.
That’s it! You’ll receive a $300 prepaid gift card+ within eight weeks. Use the card to help pay for medical expenses for you and covered family members, including coinsurance and copays for doctor visits.
*Covered family members 18 years and older must have a floridablue.com member account.
**Eligibility is limited to members with an individual/family health plan purchased and maintained prior to 2014 (not an Affordable Care Act health plan) and members with coverage from their fully insured employer health plan. Not available to Administrative Services Only (ASO) employer health plans. This reward may be redeemed one time by each covered member in 2020
*Members with qualified High Deductible Health Plans who have contributed to a health savings account (HSA) shouldn’t use the gift card to pay for services subject to the deductible. Instead, use it for services such as copayments, coinsurance, dental services, vision care (including glasses), or preventive care services. If you’ve contributed to a health savings account (or someone else has on your behalf), using the card to pay for the deductible may disqualify you from making pre-tax contributions to your HSA.
Filed under: Health Education