Easy Steps to Renew Your Health Plan for 2019
- December 15: last day to renew or enroll if you get a tax credit from the government
- December 31: last day to renew or enroll if you don’t qualify for a tax credit
Your 2019 Florida Blue health plan benefits and coverage should have arrived in the mail. Here are some easy-to-follow steps that’ll help you through Open Enrollment.
Save Time: Automatically Renew Your Plan for 2019
1. Check your member account to see a comparison of your 2019 benefits and premium with your new 2019 benefits and premium. On your member account, if you like what you see, simply click the renewal button.
2. Then pay your January bill by December 31, and you’re set for the New Year!
Feeling Overwhelmed, Have Questions or Want Other Options? Talk to an Agent
There’s lots to consider when you’re choosing a health plan. You don’t have to go it alone. Our agents are your personal benefit coordinators and are standing by to help make sure you have the plan that works right for YOU.
1. If you haven’t already, schedule a health plan review with an agent. They will review your benefits, new premiums and eligible tax credits to make sure your 2019 plan and premium best fits your budget and lifestyle. IMPORTANT: If you qualify for a premium tax credit, the letter you received won’t include your actual 2019 premium tax credit and monthly payment amount. This information is available in your member account, and your agent can pull it up, too.
2. To help keep your monthly payment low and be sure you’ll get the maximum tax credit you’re eligible for in 2019, an agent can make sure your Marketplace Application (MP) is up to date.
3. Find out what you’ll be paying in 2019 and be sure you have the plan that best fits your needs. Your tax credit information and a comparison of 2018 and 2019 plan benefits and monthly payment will be available starting November 1. Our agents are specially trained to walk you through your plan and answer any questions you might have. You can also get this information 24/7 when you sign in to your online account at floridablue.com or the Florida Blue app.
4. After you’ve met with an agent, if you don’t need to make changes, you’ll be automatically renewed. Just pay your January bill by December 31.
5. If you’d like to make changes, an agent can help you enroll in a different plan. You’ll have until December 15 if you get a tax credit or until December 31 if you don’t receive a tax credit.
6. To set up your health plan review, contact your agent or call us at 855-714-8894 from 8 am to 9 pm ET seven days a week.
Health Insurance Marketplace and Marketplace are service marks of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. Health insurance is offered by Florida Blue. HMO coverage is offered by Florida Blue HMO, an HMO affiliate of Florida Blue. These companies are Independent Licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
ATENCIÓN: Si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-800-352-2583 (TTY: 1-877-955-8773).
ATANSYON: Si w pale Kreyòl Ayisyen, gen sèvis èd pou lang ki disponib gratis pou ou. Rele 1-800-352-2583 (TTY: 1-800-955-8770).
Filed under: Education