Our Partners Are There to Help our Medicare Members
Ever get a call from someone saying they are reaching out “on behalf of Florida Blue?” With so many phone scams targeting older adults, you might not be sure if you can trust the caller. That’s why we want to share some of our partners that may call you from time to time on our behalf.
We partner with several health companies to help make it easier for our BlueMedicare members to get services at no extra cost. Our partners may reach out to you to offer their help. Whether we call or they call, we will have to confirm your identity first to make sure we are talking to you. We’ll only ask to confirm your member ID number or birthday.
Here are some of the companies we work with regularly. Just remember: We’ll never have someone reach out to you about a service that costs you money out of pocket. None of these companies will ever ask for you to pay any money.
- HealthFair: HealthFair offers convenient health services and screenings in a mobile health center. They will reach out to you if we notice you are due for services, screenings or tests that will be offered at a mobile center near you.
- PopHealthCare: PopHealthCare offers in-home health assessments, by a trained health professional like a nurse or nurse practitioner, and special services to our members who have been in the hospital recently or need extra care.
- Ingenios: Ingenios offers in-home health assessments and services to help you get any health screenings you need.
- Quest Diagnostics: We work with Quest sometimes to offer you colorectal cancer screening kits that you can complete right at home.
- Bio IQ: We work with Bio IQ sometimes to offer you colorectal cancer and diabetes screening kits you can complete at home.
- iCare: We partner with iCare to provide vision coverage for our Medicare Advantage members. (Note: This does not apply to FHCP plans).
If you get a call or letter that concerns you, always give us a call to let us know. You can reach us at 1-800-926-6565, between 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. local time, 7 days a week from October 1 – March 31, except for Thanksgiving and Christmas. From April 1 - September 30, we are open Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. local time. TTY users, please call 1-800-955-8770.
Filed under: Medicare News