What CMS Star Ratings Mean to You
Similar to how you use stars to rate a restaurant or hotel, CMS uses a five-star quality rating system to measure the experience people with Medicare have with their health plans and health care system.
Every year, the government reviews all the Medicare plans in the country. They look at things like member satisfaction, customer service and patient safety. Then, they give each plan a rating from one to five stars, where five is the best. These star ratings make it easy for you to compare the quality of plans as you shop. Star ratings are calculated each year and may change from one year to the next.
One of CMS’ most important goals is to improve the health of people with Medicare and the quality of care they receive. CMS uses a measurement system to evaluate the quality of health care you receive. They rate us on how many of our members get the preventive tests and screenings they need. If our members who need these tests and screenings get the care they need, Florida Blue scores better. This helps us improve our star score. If our star score is four or above, it means we’re doing great at helping our members manage their health. It also helps us improve our benefits for our members.
Find more information about our 2019 plan ratings online:
1. Visit floridablue.com/medicare.
2. Click on Resources & Tools, and then Medicare Forms.
3. Click General BlueMedicare Forms and Resources, and search for keyword “plan ratings.”
- BlueMedicare Preferred HMO – 4 out of 5 stars
- BlueMedicare Regional PPO – 4 out of 5 stars
- BlueMedicare Local PPO – 4.5 out of 5 stars
- BlueMedicare Rx (PDP) – 4 out of 5 stars
- BlueMedicare HMO and Florida Health Care Plan (FHCP) HMO – 5 out of 5 stars!
We’re proud to be one of four plans in Florida, and only 15 plans nationwide, to earn a 5-star plan rating. And our BlueMedicare Rx (PDP) is the highest rated prescription drug plan in the state of Florida.
At Florida Blue, we put our customers first to give you the outstanding service you deserve.
Filed under: Medicare