How to Get a Workout from Your Vacation
|Photo Credit: Laura Faith|
- Water – drink plenty of it! Not only does it keep you hydrated, it also helps you feel fuller. Remember the 8x8 rule.
- Walk – wherever you vacation, you will run into the inevitable choice of either taking the stairs or the elevator, walking vs. biking or driving. Always choose the calorie-burning option when weather allows and conditions are safe.
- Pack the resistance band or pedometer, or even a jump rope. These space saving fitness gears will remind you of your goals and help you get in a quick workout.
- Go for a run. What better way to explore a new place than going for an early morning run. Take the family with you and make it quality family time.
- Go for the healthy alternative. Food is such an important part of a vacation. But good food does not always have to be unhealthy. Try out an ethnic vegetarian restaurant, or buy some ready to eat fruits and veggies to keep in your hotel fridge. So when you feel like snacking, you won’t over-indulge on that tempting pizza delivery or the choices in the vending machine.
- If your budget allows, choose a place which encourages wellness and health, like a spa vacation.
- Make full use of your hotel’s gym or swimming pool. A daily swim or a 30 minute jaunt at the gym is a great start to a day.
Filed under: Mind/Body/Soul