Back to Blog Home >>
Diets come and go, and habits aren’t made in a day. If you’re trying to eat better, start where you are. Make small changes you can stick with, and before you know it you’ll notice you’ve made healthy eating a lifestyle!
• Eat a healthy breakfast that includes protein, carbohydrates and healthy fat. Try plain Greek yogurt with berries and chopped nuts or whole grain cereal with low-fat milk and fruit. You can also blend up a smoothie with protein powder, fresh fruit, spinach and ground flax seeds. Eggs and sautéed vegetables are another easy choice.
Read food and drink labels to check for added sugars. They add calories and have no nutritional value. Try to keep your daily intake to less than 10% of your total calories.
• Eat more veggies and plant-based meals. Beans, lentils, dried peas and vegetables make for a budget-friendly and filling meal—no meat required! For snacks, trade out chips for fresh veggies dipped in hummus or guacamole. Or try a veggie smoothie or juice.
• Swap out dessert for fresh fruit. You can retrain your taste buds, and your waistline will thank you!
• Drink more water. If you miss soda, try sparkling water with a splash of juice or fresh fruit.
• Eat out less. Cooking at home means you’re in charge of what you’re eating. Pinterest is a great way
to start collecting simple, yummy recipes! If you can’t avoid eating out, look up the menu ahead of time and plan to choose a healthier option.