How to Know If Florida Blue Is Contacting You
On occasion, we may call to let you know about care and support services that can help you stay healthy and often save money. When we do call, you don’t have to simply trust what you see on your caller ID: We’ll tell you not only that it’s us but also why we’re calling before we ask for any personal information.
Here’s how to know if it’s us.
When we call you, to comply with privacy laws we’ll always:
- Confirm we are speaking with the correct individual, first by asking for some personal information. However, we will never pressure you to give us financial or banking information or ask for your full social security number over the phone.
- Call to tell you about benefits and services specific to your current health plan or to remind you to pay your bill so you don’t lose coverage.
If you think we’ve called you but you want to verify that it’s really us, call us at the number on the back of your member ID card to chat with a customer service advocate. Let them know:
- Whether the caller tried to reach you on a landline or mobile phone
- Caller’s phone number
- Time of day
- What the caller said (be as specific as possible)
- Whether you spoke to a live person or if it was a recorded message
If, based on your responses, we think we should investigate, we will. And we’ll let you know what we find out.
And just like Florida Blue, from time to time your doctor’s office, the pharmacy you use for prescriptions or another health care provider office may call you with questions as part of your ongoing care. However, if you get a call and something doesn’t seem quite right, you should always feel free to hang up. Then call them back at a phone number that you normally use to call them and continue your conversation.
Never offer your full social security number or let anyone pressure you into giving them your financial or banking information, regardless of who they say they are. If you receive another call from them and feel uncomfortable or suspicious, hang up right away.
If you have questions, call us at the number on the back of your member ID card, or email us at email@example.com.
Filed under: Education