A healthier you starts with healthy food—on us.
Plus, $0 Part D drugs!
Eating healthy food is one of the best things you can do to take care of your health. Your Healthy Food Benefit helps you fit more healthy food in your budget. With your Healthy Food Benefit, you get a Blue Dollars Card from Florida Blue Medicare. Your Blue Dollars Card is loaded with up to $52 each month to spend on healthy food at approved stores in your local area. You’ll also get $0 Cost Part D drugs.
Who qualifies for the Healthy Food Benefit and $0 cost share on Part D drugs?
Any member enrolled in a BlueMedicare Complete (HMO D-SNP) plan who receives any level of Extra Help.
The Blue Dollars card is easy to use!
When you shop for healthy food and produce, use your Blue Dollars card at checkout. The card can be used at approved stores such as Walmart, Publix, Aldi and more. Remember that you will have to pay for any unapproved items and if you spend over your monthly limit. Your Blue Dollars card does not cover the cost of ordering, shipping, delivery or subscription fees.
How to access your $0 Cost Share on Part D drugs:
Select the network pharmacy of your choice and when it’s time to pick up your prescription, show your ID card as you normally would. As long as the drug is covered under the formulary and you qualify for “Extra Help,” you will pay $0.
Frequently Asked Questions
Healthy Food Benefit
• Can I look up my Healthy Food Benefit online? Yes. You can log in to your member account, My Health Link™, at floridablue.com/medicare to view your benefits.
• How can members check their card balance? You can log in to your member account, My Health LinkTM, at floridablue.com/medicare to view your benefits. Or call the customer service number listed on the back of your Blue Dollars Card.
• What healthy items can I buy using my card? Most healthy beverages and food items are available for purchase. Members may not purchase alcohol, tobacco or firearms. Here are some of the healthy foods you can buy: fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, poultry and fish, eggs, whole grain breads and more!
• Can I order food online for delivery? Yes. You can order food online, but your Blue Dollars Card does not cover ordering, delivery, shipping or subscription fees.
• Will I pay sales tax? Yes, you will pay sales tax when applicable.
• What if my monthly benefit isn’t enough to buy all my items at checkout? If your total is over your monthly benefit, you’ll have to use another form of payment to pay the rest.
• Can I return something I bought? Yes. You will have to follow the store’s return and/or exchange policy. Approved returns will be refunded back to your Blue Dollars Card.
• What should I do if my card is lost or stolen? If your card is lost, call Blue Dollars Member Services at 1-833-509-1546 (TTY: 711) Mon.–Fri. 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET.
• What happens if I cancel my plan? If you disenroll from your Florida Blue Medicare health plan, your card will no longer be available for you to use.
$0 cost share on Part D Drugs
• Will I need to pay copays for any of my drugs? No, if you use a network pharmacy and qualify for “Extra Help,” there are $0 copays for Part D drugs for all tiers on all phases of drug coverage.
• Can I use any pharmacy for these benefits? You must use a network pharmacy to utilize these benefits. (Costco, CVS, Pill Pack, Publix, Walgreens, Walmart and Winn Dixie to name a few).
• What drugs are covered under these benefits? Drugs that are covered in your formulary are covered under this benefit.
• Can I use my mail order pharmacy to use these benefits? If the mail order pharmacy is in network, you can use it for this benefit. (Alliance Rx, Amazon, Costco Mail order and Express Scripts).
• Where can I find more information regarding my benefits? Please use your Member material for more information regarding your benefits (Evidence of Coverage/Summary of Benefits) or call Member Services number at 1-800-926-6565 for additional information. (TTY users should call 1-800-955-8770.) Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. local time, seven days a week, from October 1 through March 31, except for Thanksgiving and Christmas. From April 1 through September 30, our hours are 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday, except for major holidays.
The monthly allowance for the Healthy Food benefit varies by plan. Consult the Evidence of Coverage for details. Any unused amount does not roll over to the next month. *These benefits are available to members enrolled in BlueMedicare Complete (HMO D-SNP) plans who receive LIS/Extra Help. Monthly plan premium is $0 for individuals with Medicaid, QMB, or SLMB. Individuals with QI or QWDI qualify for the plan and may have a premium up to $35.90. Sponsored by Florida Blue Medicare, Inc., d/b/a Florida Blue Medicare, and the State of Florida, Agency for Health Care Administration. Florida Blue and Florida Blue Medicare are Independent Licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. For more information visit floridablue.com/ndnotice.
© 2023 Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc., DBA Florida Blue. All rights reserved.