Find the care you need to get—and stay—healthy
Value Choice Providers are there for you when you need them. You’ll have a team to manage and guide your health care journey every step of the way. What does this mean for Florida Blue members? You can expect extra help with tests and services, lower costs, and better coordinated care.
With a Value Choice Provider, you can:
- Connect with a doctor you and your family can trust to provide quality health care.
- Gain access to consistent primary care that helps prevent more serious medical conditions later in life.
- Get support from a team of doctors who will help ensure you have the right care, at the right time.
- Develop an ongoing wellness plan with your doctor to guide your health care journey.
- Schedule same-day appointments, after-hours care, and virtual visits with many Value Choice Providers.
Why Go to a Value Choice Provider for Your Primary Care Needs?
Florida Blue’s Value Choice Providers aren’t watching the clock when they’re with you. They’re taking the necessary time to understand your concerns and decide next steps to help you get better.
These providers offer high-quality compassionate care at a lower price with shorter wait times. Plus, Florida Blue members can qualify for a $0 copay when they choose a Value Choice Provider for medical care.1
Why choose a Value Choice Provider as your primary care doctor (PCP)?
- Get referrals to specialists who will work with you and your PCP when you need them.
- Save time and money with on-site diagnostic tests like X-rays and lab work at some locations.2
- Extended hours at some locations can make it easy to get appointments that fit your schedule.
- Spanish-speaking medical professionals are available at most locations.
Why Go to a Value Choice Provider for Urgent Care?
Unexpected care needed? We’re here to help.
When you have an unscheduled medical need, it’s important to know where you can go for help in a hurry. (The ER isn’t your only option!)
Choosing an urgent care center for any non-life-threatening issue can help you avoid needless worry, lower your out-of-pocket costs, and provide shorter wait times. Florida Blue members can save even more when they visit one of our Value Choice Providers for urgent care, like Sanitas and GuideWell Emergency Doctors. Plus, most members have $0 copays for up to two visits.1
Value Choice Provider urgent care centers provide high-quality care for major and minor illnesses including:
- Asthma and allergic reactions
- Cold, flu, and fever
- Strains, sprains, and breaks
- Infections, burns, and more
Some urgent care locations offer on-site diagnostic services like lab work, X-rays, and ultrasounds. Plus, there are Spanish-speaking team members available at many locations.
Featured Value Choice Providers
Diagnostic Clinic Medical Group
Experience comprehensive health care at its best.
Diagnostic Clinic Medical Group (DCMG)'s primary focus is to bring compassion, skill, and integrity to health care.
- Quick access to primary care physicians
- Timely consultations with specialists
- Weekend and after hours services
- Accredited1 primary care physicians in Countryside and Largo
- 5 convenient locations throughout Polk and Pinellas counties
96% of patients surveyed are satisfied or highly satisfied with their experience at DCMG!
Sanitas Medical Group
Top-quality medical care you need, all under one roof.
Sanitas Medical Centers offer a wide variety of health care services to Florida Blue Members including:
- COVID-19 tests and vaccinations
- Telehealth (Video chat with a doctor from home using your smart phone or tablet)
- Walk-in care
- General vaccinations
- Annual checkups and health screenings
- Women’s and men’s health
- Sports and school physicals
Doctors and nurses at Sanitas locations treat illnesses, infections, fever, cold or flu, cuts and wounds, minor sprains, and fractures.
Plus, Sanitas locations throughout Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Hillsborough, Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties, and coming soon to Leon County, can monitor and treat advanced conditions such as asthma, abdominal pain, migraine, dehydration, and more.
GuideWell Emergency Doctors
Quality emergency care you can trust.
GuideWell Emergency Doctors’ team of board-certified emergency medicine doctors can treat major conditions and minor urgent care needs, helping patients of all ages while saving you both time and money.
Say hello to a faster, more affordable emergency care experience.
- Emergency medical treatment for everything from abdominal, back, and chest pains to fevers, fractures, and allergic reactions
- On-site diagnostic services including X-ray, CT scan, EKG, ultrasound, and lab work
- Complete follow-up care with your primary care doctor, a specialist, or hospital if needed
- 10 convenient locations serving the Orlando and Tampa areas
1 A total of two (2) urgent care visits for non-HSA plans at Sanitas and/or GuideWell Emergency Doctors are $0. After that, the urgent care cost share applies. $0 for first two VCP urgent care visits does not apply to Health Savings Account, Simple Choice or myBlue plans 2126 & 2146; VCP services will be covered at the non-VCP cost share amount.
2 Mammograms, sonograms, MRIs, EKGs, and other diagnostic tests may require an additional copay. $0 copay does not apply to Health Savings Account, Simple Choice or myBlue plans 2126, 2146, 2266 and 2286
Primary care doctor visits at a Value Choice Provider can include any doctor who provides primary care services, including Physician Assistants, Registered Nurse Practitioners, Internal Medicine Specialists, Pediatricians, and Gynecologists. Urgent care and same-day appointments may require a higher copay if you do not see your primary care doctor. Please refer to your policy for information on the specific cost shares applicable to provider services. For members who have coinsurance instead of copays, your cost will be your deductible plus your coinsurance percentage. Value Choice Providers is a designation Florida Blue gives to some in-network providers. Health insurance is offered by Florida Blue. HMO coverage is offered by Florida Blue HMO, an affiliate of Florida Blue. These companies are Independent Licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate. You may access the Nondiscrimination and Accessibility Notice at floridablue.com/ndnotice.
GuideWell Emergency Medicine Doctors, LLC. is doing business as GuideWell Emergency Doctors, which are stand-alone urgent care facilities managed by Crucial Care. Crucial Care is a corporation based in Jacksonville, Florida, which specializes in advanced medical facilities that provide Emergency Medicine Physician services. Crucial Care is a registered trademark owned by Medical Life Inc.
Sanitas is an independent medical center, serving people insured by Florida Blue (or other Blue Cross Blue Shield plans), original Medicare or self-paying for medical treatment.
Diagnostic Clinic Medical Group is part of the GuideWell family of companies focusing on transforming the delivery of care. GuideWell Mutual Holding Corporation is a corporation based in Jacksonville, Florida.
ATENCIÓN: Si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-800-352-2583 (TTY: 1-877-955-8773).
ATANSYON: Si w pale Kreyòl Ayisyen, gen sèvis èd pou lang ki disponib gratis pou ou. Rele 1-800-352-2583 (TTY: 1-800-955-8770).
97218 0220R SG and IU65 Members