Hurricane Michael Impacts
At Florida Blue, we care deeply about our friends and neighbors affected by Hurricane Michael. See below for important information that may be helpful to you before and after the storm.
Important Information for Our Members
If you have been affected by Hurricane Michael and need a doctor for something that’s not an emergency:
- Use Teladoc to connect to a U.S. board-certified internist, state-licensed family practitioner, or pediatrician—free of charge to all residents of evacuation zones, whether or not you left your home, even if you're not a Florida Blue member. Go to teladoc.com/Michael for more information, or call 1-855-764-1727.
- This service is only for non-emergency situations. If you have a true emergency, please call 911.
If you need a refill on medicine:
- Don’t get caught without your prescriptions.
- Now through January 7, 2019, all Florida Blue members residing in the following 16 counties who are impacted by the storm can get an emergency 30-day supply of their maintenance medication at any in-network pharmacy located in Florida. Those counties include: Bay, Calhoun, Franklin, Gadsden, Gulf, Hamilton, Holmes, Jackson, Jefferson, Leon, Liberty, Madison, Suwannee, Taylor, Wakulla, and Washington. Please ask the pharmacist to call Prime for the exception.
- We’ll follow our normal process for medications that require a prior authorization. Please contact us at the number on the back of your member ID card if you have questions on these types of medications.
Need help finding a pharmacy?
Check out these helpful links for information on retail pharmacies affected by the storm. Call your pharmacy for the most up-to-date information.
- RxOpen: healthcareready.org/rxopen
Recommended by CVS, Rx Open helps you find nearby open pharmacies in areas impacted by disaster.
- Walgreens: walgreens.com
Note: Use the "Find a store" menu item near the top of the webpage to find the status of stores in specific locations.
- Publix: publix.com/pages/publix-storm-basics/publix-store-status
- Winn-Dixie: winndixie.com/weather-update
- Walmart & Sam’s Club: All previously closed facilities have reopened. Visit your local Walmart's Facebook page for hours of operation and additional information.
If you need help locating a physician, lab, pharmacy or other health care facility:
- Call the Customer Service number on the back of your member ID card.
If you need help with your premium payment:
- Call our Customer Service number on the back of your member ID card.
For round-the-clock information about benefits, in-network providers, and more:
- Log in to your account at floridablue.com.
- Download the Florida Blue mobile app on Google Play or iTunes.
Free bilingual Help Line available to those affected by Hurricane Michael:
- Florida Blue, in partnership with New Directions Behavioral Health, is offering emotional support to individuals and loved ones affected by Hurricane Michael. The companies are providing community access to specially trained behavioral health counselors via a 24-hour, toll-free help line: 833-848-1762.
- Licensed clinicians are available to speak to anyone in Florida free of charge. They can help people with feelings of stress, anxiety, trauma and grief due to the damaging effects of the storm. The emotional support is offered to English- and Spanish-speaking individuals, and does not require insurance. Callers may also receive referrals to community resources to help them with emergency services (e.g., shelter, clothing, food, financial).
We hope you and your loved ones are doing okay. Remember we’re here for you.
Bookmark this page to stay tuned for the latest updates.
Filed under: Community