Get Flu Shot, Other Vaccinations at Drive-up Clinics
Need a flu shot or other vaccinations? We’re having a series of convenient drive-up vaccination clinics at our Florida Blue Centers to help protect you and your family from the flu and other illnesses.
The clinics are 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on several days through Dec. 9 at Florida Blue Centers throughout the state. (See full list below.) They offer flu shots (for people ages 3 and up), as well as vaccinations for Hepatitis A and B, Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis, which is also called whooping cough), MMR (measles, mumps and rubella), pneumonia and shingles.
Call (877) 352-5830 if you have questions. Appointments are recommended and can be scheduled here.
Most Florida Blue health plans include vaccinations. Check your plan for specifics. The clinics are also open to people covered by other health insurance companies, who will pay what is required by their plans. Walgreens will provide vouchers to people who are uninsured so they can get a flu shot.
Getting a flu shot is always important, but even more so this year as COVID-19 continues to be a health concern. There is no vaccine yet for the coronavirus, but a flu shot may help you from having both viruses at the same time. And remember, you can’t get the flu from a flu shot. Check out this animated video to see why that’s true.
Here’s the schedule for the clinics, which run from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., and the telephone numbers for the Florida Blue Centers hosting them:
Oct. 17, Oct. 21, Nov. 4, Nov. 14, Nov. 18, Dec. 5 and Dec. 9
- Clearwater: 2567 Countryside Blvd., Suite 1, (877) 352-5830
- Fort Myers: 8041 Plaza Del Lago Drive, Estero (239) 494-3460
- Fort Lauderdale: 1970 Sawgrass Mills Circle, (954) 512-1650
- Jacksonville (two locations): St. Johns Town Center, 4855 Town Center Parkway, (904) 363-5870, and Winston Family YMCA, 221 Riverside Ave., (904) 575-9099
- Miami: 8895 S.W. 136th St., (305) 256-5480
- Palm Beach: 1501 N. Congress Ave., Boynton Beach, (561) 374-6200
- Pensacola: 1680 Airport Blvd., (850) 202-4150
- Pinellas Park: 3758 Park Blvd., No. 5, (727) 342-1512
- Sarasota: 285 N. Cattlemen Road, (941) 308-2042
- Tallahassee: 2116 Apalachee Parkway, (850) 558-3061
- Tampa: 201 N. West Shore Blvd., (813) 282-9910
- Winter Haven: 385 Cypress Gardens Blvd., (863) 291-0140
- Winter Park: 434 N. Orlando Ave., (321) 441-2020
A few other details before you go to one of the vaccination clinics:
You’ll need to wear a mask at the clinics. If you don’t have one, we’ll give you one when you arrive. There will be reserved parking at each location for people getting vaccinations.
People who get a flu shot at the clinics will receive a $10 Walgreens gift card, including those who receive vouchers. This is in addition to a reward that Florida Blue members who buy insurance on their own or get it through their jobs may receive through the Better You Strides rewards program for getting a flu shot.* Check your Better You Strides account to see if you’re eligible for the reward.
Florida Blue Medicare Advantage members can earn a $20 gift card through HealthyBlue Rewards but cannot receive the $10 gift card from Walgreens for the getting a flu shot at the Florida Blue Center clinics. Florida Blue Medicare Supplement and Rx (PDP) members aren’t eligible for HealthyBlue Rewards but can receive the $10 Walgreens gift card.
* Rewards are available for individual ACA members 18 years or older. Reward amounts will apply to premiums and excess amounts may be redeemed subject to the reward program's terms and conditions.
Filed under: Community