Don’t Miss Out on Chance to Earn 2020 Rewards
Everywhere you look, people are affected in some way—financially, physically or emotionally—by COVID-19. Florida Blue wants to lessen the burden by reminding you to complete health and wellness activities by the end of the year, so you can earn rewards toward your premium and other medical services and supplies.
For Members with Affordable Care Act Plans
If you have an Affordable Care Act (ACA) health plan that you bought on your own, there’s still time to earn up to $500 in rewards toward your premium by participating in our Better You Strides program. All family members age 18* and older who are covered on your plan can also earn up to $500.
When you renew for 2021, any rewards balance will be applied to your January and February balances. Plus, we’re working to make it easier to earn rewards next year.
Depending on the wellness programs and activities you choose, you can earn the full $500 in a matter of hours or a few days. Most activities take about 10-15 minutes.
Don’t wait. If you haven’t enrolled in Better You Strides yet, here’s how to get started:
- Log in or create a member account on floridablue.com. Click Health & Wellness, then Better You Strides. All rewardable activities are marked with the dollar amount you can earn.
- Complete the personal health assessment to earn a $250 reward. It only takes 10 minutes.
- Got another five minutes to spare? Find the “Reduce Your Premium” journey card and complete the activity to earn another $50 reward.
- Complete up to four self-guided health and wellness programs and earn a $50 reward for each—that’s $200! Some programs take as little as 10 minutes to complete.
- You’ll see the reward amount on your next month’s invoice and we’ll apply the rewards to your premium until they’re used up.
Pre-ACA Members Can Earn a $300 Reward*
Members with an individual/family health plan purchased before the Affordable Care Act can earn a one-time $300 reward just by watching a short video about staying safe during the coronavirus crisis. More good news—covered family members age 18 and older* can each earn the reward, too. Here’s how:
- Log in or create a member account on floridablue.com.
- Click on Watch Now, located within the white message box titled “Get Rewarded!”
- On the next page that appears, tap on Click Here to get started! Watch a short video (less than three minutes) featuring Dr. Kelli Tice Wells, our senior medical director for medical affairs.
That’s all there is to it! We’ll mail you a $300 prepaid gift card+ that can be used to help pay for medical services, including copays and coinsurance. Please allow up to eight weeks for delivery. We’ll use the mailing address we have on file, so be sure we have the correct one because this offer ends December 31.
If You Get Insurance Through Your Job**
If you have Florida Blue coverage through your job, you and covered family members age 18 and older may be eligible for the $300 reward. To check your eligibility, follow these steps:
- Log in or create your member account at floridablue.com.
- You’re eligible to earn the $300 reward if you see a white message box titled “Get Rewarded!” in the middle of the page with information about the reward and a Watch Now button.
- Click the Learn How button.
- On the next page that appears, tap on Click Here to get started! Watch a brief video featuring Dr. Kelli Tice Wells, senior medical director for medical affairs for Florida Blue, who shares tips on staying safe during the coronavirus crisis.
That’s it. You’ll receive a $300 prepaid gift card+ within eight weeks. Use the card to help pay for medical expenses for you and covered family members, including coinsurance and copays for doctor visits.
We’re planning more ways for you to learn to live healthier and earn rewards in 2021, but don’t let this year’s rewards fall by the wayside. Start earning today.
* Rewards available for individual ACA members 18 years or older. Reward amounts will apply to premiums and excess amounts may be redeemed subject to the reward program's terms and conditions.
**Eligibility is limited to members with an individual/family health plan purchased and maintained prior to 2014 (not an Affordable Care Act health plan) and members with coverage from their fully insured employer health plan. Not available to Administrative Services Only (ASO) employer health plans. This reward may be redeemed one time by each covered member in 2020.
Filed under: Health Education