What CMS Star Ratings Mean to You
Making sure people with Medicare receive safe, quality care is one of the main goals of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). It’s our goal, too. You deserve a Medicare health plan that works hard to help you manage your health and get the care you need.
That’s one of the reasons CMS uses star ratings for Medicare Advantage plans. Star ratings let you know if your health plan’s Medicare members receive high-quality care. Every Medicare health plan receives a yearly star rating on a scale from 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest. For the second year in a row (2019 and 2020), we’re proud to say our Florida Blue Medicare and FHCP Medicare HMO plans have earned a 5-star rating from CMS.
To determine a plan’s star rating, here are some of the things CMS looks at:
- How do members like using their plan? Has it been a good experience?
- Do members receive good customer service?
- Do our members get the preventive care they need to stay their healthiest, such as annual screenings and seeing the doctor regularly?
Star ratings measure how well we help you take care of your health. For example, when you and other members get the important tests and screenings you need, like a mammogram or colon cancer screening, the star rating is higher. A high star rating not only helps you choose a Medicare health plan with confidence; it also helps us improve the benefits we offer.
What does this mean for you?
- You can feel confident knowing Florida Blue Medicare and FHCP Medicare are there to help you manage your health and get the preventive care you need.
- Having higher star ratings helps us improve benefits for our members.
- Star ratings make it easier for you to shop for and compare Medicare plans.
Our 2020 Medicare star ratings
- BlueMedicare HMO and Florida Health Care Plan (FHCP) HMO – 5 out of 5 stars!
- BlueMedicare Regional PPO – 3.5 out of 5 stars
- BlueMedicare Local PPO – 3.5 out of 5 stars
- BlueMedicare Rx (PDP) – 3 out of 5 stars
Find more information about our 2020 plan ratings online:
- Click on “Member Resources,” then “Find a Form.”
- For star ratings for Medicare Advantage plans, click “Medicare Advantage Forms and Documents,” then select your plan and choose “Plan Rating.” You can view a plan rating for each Medicare Advantage plan.
- For star ratings for Medicare prescription drug plans, click “Part D (PDP) Prescription Drug Forms and Documents,” then select your plan and choose “Plan Rating.” You can view a plan rating for each Part D prescription drug plan.
We’re proud to be one of only 4 Medicare health plans in Florida to receive a 5-star rating. Our goal is to provide you with the best service possible, always. Your experience matters to us, and it matters to Medicare.
Quality you expect. Care you deserve.
Y0011_98489 1019 CMS Accepted
Filed under: Medicare News