Focus on Your Health as You Ease Back into Life
Remember those days when you and your friends would stake your claim to a patch of sand on your favorite beach just big enough for your towels, chairs and a cooler? We’re not there yet.
Or those days when your family would hit the park for a soccer game, then celebrate at the ice cream shop? We’re not there yet, either.
Or when you worked side-by-side with your coworkers all day, then stood shoulder-to-shoulder with them in a crowded after-work hangout? Also, not there yet.
Most of us are ready to resume our daily lives but some may be unsure how to do it safely. Florida’s reopening is well underway, but without an antiviral treatment or a vaccine, the risk of getting COVID-19 remains. Set your own pace and do things that will help keep you and others safe: maintain social distancing, frequently wash your hands with soap and water, avoid contact with sick people and wear a mask in public.
If you feel sick, self-isolate and get tested. The more people who get tested, the safer it is for everyone. Florida Blue members get $0 cost-share COVID-19 testing and treatment through Aug. 1.
It’s also time to catch up on those doctors’ appointments you missed while sheltering at home.
Putting the focus back on your health
Many people have avoided getting medical care because they’re afraid of getting the coronavirus at a doctor’s office, clinic or hospital. But most doctors are taking precautions to keep you safe, such as screening patients and cleaning their offices.
Dr. Kelli Tice Wells, senior medical director at Florida Blue, cautions against delaying visiting your doctor any longer. This is especially important for people with a weakened immune system and chronic conditions, like heart disease, uncontrolled diabetes and multiple sclerosis.
We’re making it easier for you to get the care you need:
- Can’t make it to the doctor’s office? Virtual visits are a great option. Many Florida Blue and Florida Blue Medicare network providers are offering them at the same cost share as an in-person office visit. Most members have a $0 cost share for virtual visits with Teladoc while COVID-19 remains a health concern. Medicare members will have no cost share for Teladoc through Dec. 31. (If you get insurance from your job, check with your benefits administrator to see if virtual care is included.)
- Staying healthy and insured is so important that we’re giving most members the chance to earn hundreds of dollars to help pay their premiums and other health expenses. You can earn the rewards by doing things as simple as completing a health assessment and self-guided online wellness programs. (These opportunities are not available for Florida Blue Medicare members, who are eligible for HealthyBlue Rewards.)
- The growing uncertainty, fear and stress the past several months have been difficult. Don’t let it reach a breaking point. Through our partnership with New Directions Behavioral Health, anyone in Florida can talk to a counselor 24/7 at no charge by calling the toll-free help line at 833-848-1762.
- Having health insurance during this time is critical. But, thousands of people in Florida have lost their jobs and their insurance because businesses have cut hours and staff or closed during the pandemic. If you’re in that group, you have 60 days to choose an Affordable Care Act plan. Call us at 888-408-5976 or click here for help in finding a new plan.
We all have a role to play in getting through these times. Doing things like seeing your doctor, frequently washing your hands with soap and water, practicing social distancing and wearing a mask in public will help us get back to a more normal routine.
Remember those days? Help us get there.
Check out these other COVID-19 blogs
- There are a lot of resources for caregivers to help during this time
- Scammers are waiting to take advantage of you. Here’s how to protect yourself
- Working from home doesn’t slow impact of Florida Blue Center nurses and social workers
Visit our COVID-19 site for more information on how to stay safe.
Archivado bajo: Healthy Living