More . . .
- Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Principles
- Florida Blue Foundation Board of Directors and Staff
- Corporate Social Responsibility Report
- Foundation Focus Area Fact Sheet
- Advance Innovation and Promote Solutions in the Health Care System
- Improve Consumer Health
- Improve Quality and Safety of Patient Care
- Build Healthy, Strong Communities
- Sapphire Awards
- News and Notes
- Information about Supporting Organizations
Florida Blue Foundation
Improve Quality and Safety of Patient Care – Planning/Feasibility Study for a Proposed Florida Blue Foundation Nursing Fellowship Program
APPLICATIONS DUE: September 1, 2017, 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time Zone)
Since the establishment of the Generation RN Initiative in 2003, Florida Blue and Florida Blue Foundation have made philanthropic investments of over $30 million to develop a diverse, well-trained nurse workforce to meet the health needs of the people of Florida.
Florida Blue and the Florida Blue Foundation continue to be the leader in the field in Florida to continue to develop Florida’s nursing workforce through strong partnerships and investments across Florida.
Purpose of the Application
The Florida Blue Foundation (Foundation) is exploring the possibility of creating a Nursing Fellowship Program that would allow nursing students and recently graduated students a chance to gain work experience in the field so they can combat the barrier that they face of not having experience when applying for nursing positions. Before it is decided, the Foundation is interested in knowing: 1) is there a need for such a program, and 2) are there similar or same types of programs in existence across the state for nurses.
The Foundation is seeking, through a competitive process, proposals from nonprofit organizations to conduct a Planning/Feasibility Study to determine the feasibility of the creation of a Florida Blue Foundation Nursing Fellowship Program that would prepare nursing students and recently graduated nurses to successfully gain employment in their profession. It is envisioned that some of the curricula could include leadership development, communication and social skills, and internships in their field, with a specialty in working with and caring for the aging, end of life and disabled populations.
The Florida Blue Foundation has approximately $250,000 for the funding of a one-and-a-half-year planning/feasibility grant.
Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations, public agencies, universities, colleges, training centers and other health care related facilities that:
- are based in Florida;
- have the capacity, expertise, resources, knowledge and reach to conduct a statewide project; and
- have evidence-based documentation of proven success and experience in the creation, management and execution of statewide planning/feasibility studies and reports.
- Application due date: September 1, 2017, by 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)
- Application Clarification Conference Call:
- August 1, 2017 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- August 1, 2017 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Successful applicants notified: December 8, 2017
- Unsuccessful applicants notified: December 8, 2017
- Required Meeting of Selected Grantee: Early January 2018 (tentative)
CLICK HERE to access the online application for the Improve Quality and Safety of Patient Care program.
The Foundation will host two application clarification conference calls on the dates/times noted in the Important Dates/Deadlines section above. To participate in an application clarification conference call, dial toll-free: 1-800-882-3610. The pass code is 2871940#.
Questions also may be sent via email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or via phone: 1-800-477-3736, ext. 63215.
FB FBF 011 NF 092015