Florida Blue Foundation
Improve Quality and Safety of Patient Care
APPLICATIONS DUE: Applications are not being accepted at this time. Please check back frequently for updates on guidelines, deadline and link to the application.
The 2018 - 2019 funding priorities for the Improve Quality and Safety of Patient Care program is to fund projects that support one or both of the following.
Health care professionals:
- to provide palliative type in-home care for an aging population and families that are underserved, underinsured, or low-income
- to identify and provide evidence-based services for the prevention of and care of patients and families with addiction(s)
- The Florida Blue Foundation has approximately $1 million for the funding of this program.
- The Foundation will fund three-year grants only. The average funding per year is $80,000 - $100,000.
- Priority will be given to applicants that include collaborations and partnerships with other nonprofit organizations in Florida.
Nonprofit 501(c)(3) charitable organizations, public agencies, universities, colleges, training centers and other health care related facilities that:
- are based in Florida;
- have the capacity, expertise, resources, knowledge in the field and time needed to carry out the intent of this project;
- currently provide health and health care service to the underserved, underinsured and low-income populations in Florida;
- have a five-year or longer track record in the field;
- have the capability to reach target populations described in this application; and
- only submit one application from the same institution/organization.
Completing the Application
We are simplifying the application process. The major portion of the information requested will be populated into the Program Logic Model.
The completed Program Logic Model will be uploaded to the application as an attachment. Basic information (e.g., name of the organization, program title, amount requested, etc.) will be requested within the application. Overall goal/purpose, objectives, tasks, time frame, evaluation indicators, population served and other details will be captured within the Program Logic Model.
The information within the Program Logic Model will then be the basis for all reporting for the programs selected for funding. A Partial Sample Program Logic Model is provided in the ATTACHMENTS tab as an example of how to complete the Program Logic Model.
- Application due date: April 19, 2018, by 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)
- Application Clarification Conference Calls:
- March 19, 2018 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- March 20, 2018 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Successful applicants notified: September 28, 2018
- Unsuccessful applicants notified: October 1, 2018
- Required Grantee Orientation: January 2019 (tentative)
CLICK HERE to access the online application for the Improve Quality and Safety of Patient Care program.
The Foundation will host two application clarification conference calls on the dates/times noted in the Important Dates/Deadlines section above. To participate in an application clarification conference call, dial toll-free: 1-800-882-3610. The pass code is 2871940#.
Questions also may be sent via email: email@example.com; or via phone: 1-800-477-3736, ext. 63215.
FB FBF 011 NF 032018