Florida Blue Foundation
Applications for the 2019 Quality of Patient Care Grant Program Are CLOSED
Quality of Patient Care
APPLICATIONS DUE: April 30, 2019, 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)
The intent of the Quality of Patient Care grant program is to support healthcare education programs and professional development opportunities designed to improve the safety of patient care.
The 2019 funding priorities for the Quality of Patient Care grant program:
- Health professional programs with a focus on addressing workforce shortages in nursing
- Professional development for caregivers who support an aging population that are underserved, underinsured, and/or low-income
- The Florida Blue Foundation has approximately $1.5 million for the funding of this program.
- The Foundation will fund three-year grants only. The average funding per year is $80,000 - $100,000.
- Priority will be given to applicants that include collaborations and partnerships with other similar nonprofit organizations in Florida.
Nonprofit 501(c)(3) charitable organizations, public agencies, universities, colleges, training centers and other health care related facilities that:
- are based in Florida;
- have the capacity, expertise, resources, knowledge in the field and time needed to carry out the intent of this project;
- currently provide health and health care service to the underserved, underinsured and low-income populations in Florida;
- have a five-year or longer track record in the field;
- have the capability to reach target populations described in this application; and
- only submit one application from the same institution/organization.
Completing the Application
The major portion of the information requested will be populated into the Program Logic Model.
The completed Program Logic Model is to be uploaded to the application as an attachment. Basic information (e.g., name of the organization, program title, amount requested, etc.) will be requested within the application. Overall program goal/purpose, population served, objectives, strategic activities/services, performance indicators, and projected outcomes/results will be captured within the Program Logic Model.
The information within the Program Logic Model will then be the basis for all reporting for the programs selected for funding.
- Application due date: April 30, 2019, by 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)
- Application Clarification Conference Calls:
- March 20, 2019 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)
- March 21, 2019 11:00 a.m. – Noon (Eastern Time)
- Successful applicants notified: October, 2019
- Unsuccessful applicants notified: October, 2019
- Required Grantee Orientation: November 2019 (tentative)
CLICK HERE to access the online application for the Quality of Patient Care program. For best results, please use Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.
The Foundation will host two application clarification conference calls on the dates/times noted in the Important Dates/Deadlines section above. To participate in an application clarification conference call, dial toll-free: 1-800-882-3610. The pass code is 2871940#.
Questions also may be sent via email: email@example.com; or via phone: 1-800-477-3736, ext. 63215.
FB FBF 011 NF 022019