More . . .
- Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Principles
- Florida Blue Foundation Board of Directors and Staff
- Corporate Social Responsibility Report
- Foundation Focus Area Fact Sheet
- Advance Innovation and Promote Solutions in the Health Care System
- Improve Consumer Health
- Improve Quality and Safety of Patient Care
- Build Healthy, Strong Communities
- Sapphire Awards
- News and Notes
- Information about Supporting Organizations
Florida Blue Foundation
Improve Consumer Health
Florida Blue Foundation Board of Directors conducted a strategy refresh in 2014 to ensure that the Foundation’s focus areas and programming were aligned with the changes in the health environment and community needs. Staff also conducted focus groups with a variety of stakeholders from across the state to gather input on topics and trends in health care in Florida. Mental health and its relationship to wellness and nutrition, and navigating the health care system were common themes. The Foundation Board approved the Improve Consumer Health program focused on these two themes and targeting the underserved, underinsured and low-income populations in Florida.
Florida Blue Foundation is seeking online applications in two funding areas under the Improve Consumer Health program.
Funding Area #1:
Create a project that educates and brings awareness about mental health and its relationship to wellness and nutrition designed for service delivery to the underserved, underinsured and low-income populations of Florida.
Funding Area #2:
Create training program/materials for the underserved, underinsured and low-income populations of Florida to learn how to navigate through the health care system to enable them to know how to take control of their health.
Nonprofit organizations may submit applications for one or both of the funding areas in this program. Organizations applying for both must complete a separate application for each funding area in this program.
Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations, public agencies, universities, colleges, training centers and other health care related facilities that:
- are based in Florida
- have the capacity, expertise, resources, knowledge in the field and time needed to carry out the intent of the project
- have expertise in delivering educational and awareness programs on targeted topics to targeted populations described in this application
- have expertise in developing training programs and materials
- have the capability and expertise to reach target populations described in this application
- Application available: July 19, 2016
- Application due date: September 2, by 5:00 p.m.
- Application clarification conference calls
- #1: July 21, 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- #2: July 21, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- #3: July 21, 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Successful applicants notified: November 18, 2016
- Unsuccessful applicants notified: November 18, 2016
- Required grantee orientation: February 1, 2017 (tentative)
To participate in an application clarification conference call, dial: 1-800-882-3610 – Passcode 2871940#
- The Florida Blue Foundation has a total of $1 million for the funding of the 2016 Improve Consumer Health program.
- The Foundation will fund two- or three-year grants. The average funding per year is between $80,000 and $100,000 for each funding area in the Improve Consumer Health program.
- Priority will be given to applicants that include collaborations and partnerships with other organizations.
CLICK HERE to access the online application for the Improve Consumer Health program
The Foundation will host three application clarification conference calls on the dates/times noted in the Important Dates/Deadline section above. To participate in one of the calls, dial 1-800-882-3610, passcode 2871940#.
Questions also may be sent via email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or via phone: 1-800-477-3736, ext. 63215.
FB FBF 008 NF 072016