More . . .
- Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Principles
- Florida Blue Foundation Board of Directors and Staff
- Corporate Social Responsibility Report
- Foundation Focus Area Fact Sheet
- Advance Innovation and Promote Solutions in the Health Care System
- Improve Consumer Health
- Improve Quality and Safety of Patient Care
- Build Healthy, Strong Communities
- Sapphire Awards
- News and Notes
- Information about Supporting Organizations
Florida Blue Foundation
Improve Consumer Health
APPLICATIONS DUE: NEW DATE – September 8, 2017, 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time Zone)
The Improve Consumer Health program focuses on healthy lifestyles to promote better health for families and communities.
Funding Area #1
Awareness and preventive projects designed to educate populations in need* about mental and behavioral health.
Funding Area #2
Projects designed to train and create materials to assist populations in need* to navigate the health care system and take control of their health.
*For the purpose of this program, the term populations in need is defined as Floridians who are underserved, underinsured or low-income.
Applications can be submitted for one or both of the Funding Areas. Organizations applying for both must complete a separate application for each Funding Area.
- The Florida Blue Foundation has approximately $2.4 million for the funding of the 2018 Improve Consumer Health program.
- The Foundation will fund two-year or three-year grants. The average amount per year is $80,000--$100,000 for each Funding Area.
- Priority will be given to applicants that include collaborations and partnerships with other organizations.
Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations, public agencies, universities, colleges, training centers and other health care related facilities that:
- are based in Florida;
- have the capacity, expertise, resources, knowledge in the field and time needed to carry out the intent of the project;
- have expertise in delivering educational and awareness programs on targeted topics to targeted populations described in this application;
- have a five-year or longer track record in one or both of the Funding Areas;
- have expertise in developing training programs and materials; and
- have the capability to reach target populations described in this application.
Completing the Application
For the 2018 Improve Consumer Health program online application, we are attempting to simplify the application process. The major portion of the information requested will be populated into the Program Logic Model.
The completed Program Logic Model will be uploaded to the application as an attachment. Basic information (e.g., name of the organization, program/project title, amount requested, etc.) will be requested within the application. Overall goal/purpose, objectives, tasks, time frame, evaluation indicators, population served and other details will be captured within the Program Logic Model.
- Application due date: NEW DATE – September 8, 2017, by 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time Zone)
- Application Clarification Conference Calls
- July 21, 2017 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- July 24, 2017 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Successful applicants notified: December 7, 2017
- Unsuccessful applicants notified: December 7, 2017
- Required grantee orientation: Early January 2018 (tentative)
CLICK HERE to access the online application for the Improve Consumer Health program.
The Foundation will host two application clarification conference calls on the dates/times noted in the Important Dates/Deadlines section above. To participate in an application clarification conference call, dial toll-free: 1-800-882-3610. The pass code is 2871940#.
CLICK HERE to access the Frequently Asked Questions document.
Questions also may be sent via email: email@example.com; or via phone: 1-800-477-3736, ext. 63215.
FB FBF 008 NF 082017