More . . .
- Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Principles
- Florida Blue Foundation Board of Directors and Staff
- Corporate Social Responsibility Report
- Foundation Focus Area Fact Sheet
- Advance Innovation and Promote Solutions in the Health Care System
- Improve Consumer Health
- Improve Quality and Safety of Patient Care
- Build Healthy, Strong Communities
- Sapphire Awards
- News and Notes
- Information about Supporting Organizations
Florida Blue Foundation
Improve Consumer Health
APPLICATIONS DUE: Applications are not being accepted at this time. Please check back frequently for updates on guidelines, deadline and link to the application.
The Improve Consumer Health grant program focuses on healthy lifestyles to promote better health for families and communities.
The 2018-2019 funding priorities for the Improve Consumer Health program are to fund programs that support one or both of the following Funding Areas:
Funding Area #1
Preventive evidence-based programs designed to identify and/or address behavioral/mental health needs of underserved, underinsured or low-income individuals in Florida
Funding Area #2
Programs designed to assist underserved, underinsured or low-income individuals in Florida to understand how to navigate and use the health care system to improve their own health outcomes
Nonprofit charitable organizations and public school districts are invited to submit an application for this Florida Blue Foundation program.
Applications can be submitted for one or both of the Funding Areas. Organizations applying for both must complete a separate application for each Funding Area.
- The Florida Blue Foundation has approximately $3 million for the funding of this program.
- The Foundation will fund three-year and four-year grants. The average amount per year is $80,000 - $100,000 for each Funding Area.
- Priority will be given to applicants that include collaborations and partnerships with other organizations in Florida.
Nonprofit 501(c)(3) charitable organizations, public school districts, public agencies, universities, colleges, training centers and other health care related facilities that:
- Are based in Florida;
- Have the capacity, expertise, resources, knowledge in the field and time needed to carry out the intent of the program;
- Have expertise in delivering educational and awareness programs on targeted topics to targeted populations described in this application;
- Have a five-year or longer track record in one or both of the Funding Areas;
- Have expertise in developing training programs and materials; and
- Have the capability to reach target populations descried in this application.
Completing the Application
We are simplifying the application. The major portion of the information requested will be populated into the Program Logic Model.
The completed Program Logic Model is to be uploaded to the application as an attachment. Basic information – name of the organization, program title, amount requested, etc. – will be requested within the application. Overall goals/purpose, objectives, tasks, time frame, evaluation indicators, population served and other details will be captured within the Program Logic Model.
The information within the Program Logic Model will then be the basis for all reporting for the programs selected for funding. A Partial Sample Program Logic Model is provided in the ATTACHMENTS tab as an example of how to complete the Program Logic Model.
- Application due date: April 23, 2018, by 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time Zone)
- Application Clarification Conference Calls
- March 19, 2018 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- March 20, 2018 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Successful applicants notified: September 28, 2018
- Unsuccessful applicants notified: October 3, 2018
- Required grantee orientation: January 2019 (tentative)
CLICK HERE to access the online application for the Improve Consumer Health program.
The Foundation will host two application clarification conference calls on the dates/times noted in the Important Dates/Deadlines section above. To participate in an application clarification conference call, dial toll-free: 1-800-882-3610. The pass code is 2871940#.
Questions also may be sent via email: email@example.com; or via phone: 1-800-477-3736, ext. 63215.
FB FBF 008 NF 032018