More . . .
- Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Principles
- Florida Blue Foundation Board of Directors and Staff
- Corporate Social Responsibility Report
- Foundation Focus Area Fact Sheet
- Advance Innovation and Promote Solutions in the Health Care System
- Improve Consumer Health
- Improve Quality and Safety of Patient Care
- Build Healthy, Strong Communities
- Sapphire Awards
- News and Notes
- Information about Supporting Organizations
Florida Blue Foundation
Advance Innovation and Promote Solutions in the Health Care System
Florida Blue Foundation is seeking applications under the Advance Innovation and Promote Solutions in the Health System program.
Under the Advance Innovation and Promote Solutions in the Health Care System focus area, two strategies were approved by the Florida Blue Foundation Board in August 2013:
- Innovative ideas and programs that propose evidence-based, best practice models for new health solutions serving underserved, uninsured and low-income populations.
- Access to affordable, non-traditional health service delivery (i.e., transportation issues, mobile units, “meet them where they are”).
The innovative evidence-based, best practice model proposed must include solutions that address the day-to-day health care service delivery system for the underserved, underinsured and low-income citizens in Florida. The organizations will spend at a minimum, once a month, at the GuideWell Innovation Center* located in Lake Nona, Florida, to work on the required model. The purpose of this requirement is for the nonprofits to have the time to work and create an evidence-based, best practice model in an innovative environment, and to call upon an expert advisory committee, as needed.
Below are a few suggested innovative health service delivery ideas (these ideas are suggestions only):
- Accessible and low-cost transportation through the use of technology and other means
- Partnering with already existing health and health care services to expand what is already working
- Creating innovative ways to partner/collaborate with non-traditional organizations such as the fire departments, EMTs, hospitals, doctors, etc.
- A single health care “one-stop health team” service model that meets and provides care to families and individuals in their communities/homes
Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations, public agencies, universities, colleges, training centers and other health care related facilities that
- are based in Florida
- have the capacity, expertise, resources, knowledge in the field and time needed to carry out the intent of the project
- currently provide health and health care service delivery to the underserved, underinsured and low-income populations in Florida
- have the time and commitment to commute in order to conduct some of the project work at the GuideWell Innovation Center in Lake Nona, Florida
- only submit one application from the same institution/organization
Click here to apply online for the Advance Innovation and Promote Solutions in the Health Care System program.
- Conference call #1: July 20, 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. – 1-800-882-3610, passcode 2871940#
- Conference call #2: July 20, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. – 1-800-882-3610, passcode 2871940#
- Application due date: September 2, by 5:00 p.m.
- Successful applicants notified: November 17, 2016
- Unsuccessful applicants notified: November 17, 2016
- Required grantee orientation: January 31, 2017 (tentative)
The Foundation will host two conference calls to provide opportunities for potential applicants to pose questions about the program and application. To participate in one of the calls (see schedule listed under Important Dates/Deadlines), please use the following call-in information: 1-800-882-3610, passcode 2871940#. Questions may also be sent via email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or via phone: 1-800-477-3736, ext. 63215.
- The Florida Blue Foundation has $1.5 million for the funding of the 2016 Advance Innovation and Promote Solutions in the Health Care System program.
- The Foundation will fund two- or three-year grants. The average amount per grant is from $80,000 up to $100,000 per year.
We are not seeking to fund pure research or entrepreneurial projects under this program
*GuideWell Innovation Center creates real-world health solutions by rapidly accelerating innovations that help people and communities achieve better health. They believe in the principle that improved health, along with a better health care experience, requires solutions that lower cost, increase access and improve effectiveness of market. They are uniquely positioned in Lake Nona’s Medical City, the premier location for expanding medical research, healthy living and organizational collaboration. Please visit their website at www.guidewell.com/innovation to learn more about the Center.
FB FBF 006 NF 072016