Florida Blue Foundation
Applications for the 2019 Innovation in the Health Care System Grant Program Are CLOSED
Innovation in the Health Care System
APPLICATIONS DUE: April 24, 2019, 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)
The Florida Blue Foundation’s Innovation in the Health Care System focus area aims to connect affordable, non-traditional health services to underserved, underinsured and low-income populations throughout Florida.
The 2019 funding priority for Innovation in the Health Care System is: to support and/or solve health care delivery systems for the underserved, underinsured and low-income populations; in particular seniors aging in place*.
The projects proposed should be designed to increase access and enhance delivery of health care through non-traditional, health services that will improve the overall health of underserved, underinsured and low-income populations; in particular seniors aging in place*.
*Aging in place is defined as the ability to live in one’s own home and community safely while receiving services in their home or at a close-by, accessible community health facility.
- The Florida Blue Foundation has approximately $3.5 million for the funding of this program.
- The Foundation will fund three-year and four-year grants. The average amount per year is from $80,000 up to $100,000 per year.
- Priority will be given to applicants that include collaborations and partnerships with other similar organizations in Florida.
Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations, public agencies, universities, colleges, training centers and other health care related facilities that:
- are based in Florida;
- have the capacity, expertise, resources, knowledge in the field and time needed to carry out the intent of this program;
- currently provide health services to the underserved, underinsured and low-income populations in Florida;
- have a five-year or longer track record in the field;
- have the capability to reach target populations described in this application; and
- only submit one application from the same institution/organization.
Completing the Application
The major portion of the information requested will be populated into the Program Logic Model (template provided in the ATTACHMENTS tab of the application). A Program Logic Model Guidance document is also provided in the ATTACHMENTS tab of the application. Please refer to it when preparing the logic model.
The completed Program Logic Model is to be uploaded to the application as an attachment. Basic information – name of organization, program title, amount requested, etc. – will be requested within the application. Overall goal/purpose, populations served, objectives, strategic activities/services, performance indicators, outcomes/results and other details will be captured within the Program Logic Model. The information within the Program Logic Model will then be the basis for all reporting for the programs selected for funding.
- Application due date: April 24, 2019, by 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)
- Application Clarification Conference Calls
- March 5, 2019 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)
- March 5, 2019 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. (Eastern Time)
- Applicants will be notified of their status on or before October 31, 2019
- Required orientation for those awarded grants: November 2019 (tentative)
Click here to access the online application for the Innovation in the Health Care System program. For best results, please use Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.
The Foundation will host two application clarification conference calls on the dates/times noted in the Important Dates/Deadlines section above. To participate in an application clarification conference call, dial toll-free: 1-800-882-3610. The pass code is 2871940#.
Questions also may be sent via email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or via phone: 1-800-477-3736, ext. 63215.
FB FBF 006 NF 022019