More . . .
- Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Principles
- Florida Blue Foundation Board of Directors and Staff
- Corporate Social Responsibility Report
- Foundation Focus Area Fact Sheet
- Advance Innovation and Promote Solutions in the Health Care System
- Improve Consumer Health
- Improve Quality and Safety of Patient Care
- Build Healthy, Strong Communities
- Sapphire Awards
- News and Notes
- Information about Supporting Organizations
Florida Blue Foundation
Advance Innovation and Promote Solutions in the Health Care System
Florida Blue Foundation is seeking applications under the Advance Innovation and Promote Solutions in the Health System program.
APPLICATIONS DUE: August 9, 2017, 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time Zone)
The Advance Innovation and Promote Solutions in the Health Care System program funds projects that support one or both of the two strategies below:
- Innovative ideas and programs that propose evidence-based, best practice models for new health solutions serving underserved, underinsured and low-income populations.
- Access to affordable, non-traditional health service delivery (i.e., transportation issues, mobile units, “meet them where they are”).
Purpose of the Application
The innovative best practice model that is proposed must improve the day-to-day service delivery system and enhance the delivery of health care services to the underserved, underinsured and low-income citizens in Florida.
Below are a few program/project examples (these are suggestions only):
- Accessible and low-cost transportation through the use of technology and other means
- Partnering with already existing health and health care services to expand what is already working
- Creating innovative, non-traditional ways to provide health and health care delivery
- A single health care “one-stop health team” service model that meets and provides care to families and individuals in their communities/homes
- The Florida Blue Foundation has approximately $1.9 million for the funding of the 2018 Advance Innovation and Promote Solutions in the Health Care System program.
- The Foundation will fund two-year or three-year grants. The average funding per year is between $80,000 and $100,000.
- Priority will be given to applicants that include collaborations and partnerships with other organizations.
Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations, public agencies, universities, colleges, training centers and other health care related facilities that:
- are based in Florida;
- have the capacity, expertise, resources, knowledge in the field and time needed to carry out the intent of the project;
- currently provide health and health care service delivery to the underserved, underinsured and low-income populations in Florida;
- have a five-year or longer track record in the field;
- have the capability to reach target populations described in this application; and
- only submit one application from the same institution/organization.
Completing the Application
For the 2018 Advance Innovation and Promote Solutions in the Health Care System program online application, we are attempting to simplify the application process. The major portion of the information requested will be populated into the Program Logic Model.
The completed Program Logic Model will be uploaded to the application as an attachment. Basic information (e.g., name of the organization, program/project title, amount requested, etc.) will be requested within the application. Overall goal/purpose, objectives, tasks, time frame, evaluation indicators, population served and other details will be captured within the Program Logic Model.
- Application due date: August 9, 2017, by 5:00 p.m. (EST)
- Application Clarification Conference Calls
- July 12, 2017 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. EST
- July 18, 2017 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. EST
- Successful applicants notified: December 6, 2017
- Unsuccessful applicants notified: December 13, 2017
- Required grantee orientation: January 2018 (tentative)
Click here to access the online application for the Advance Innovation and Promote Solutions in the Health Care System program.
The Foundation will host two application clarification conference calls on the dates/times noted in the Important Dates/Deadlines section above. To participate in an application clarification conference call, dial toll-free: 1-800-882-3610. The pass code is 2871940#.
CLICK HERE to access the Frequently Asked Questions document.
FB FBF 006 NF 072016