More . . .
- Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Principles
- Florida Blue Foundation Board of Directors and Staff
- Corporate Social Responsibility Report
- Foundation Focus Area Fact Sheet
- Advance Innovation and Promote Solutions in the Health Care System
- Improve Consumer Health
- Improve Quality and Safety of Patient Care
- Build Healthy, Strong Communities
- Sapphire Awards
- News and Notes
- Information about Supporting Organizations
Florida Blue Foundation
Advance Innovation and Promote Solutions in the Health Care System
APPLICATIONS DUE: April 20, 2018, 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time Zone)
The 2018-2019 funding priorities for the Advance Innovation and Promote Solutions in the Health Care System program is to fund programs that support one or both of the following:
- Innovative programs that propose evidence-based health solutions that serve underserved, underinsured and low-income populations.
- Access to affordable, non-traditional health services (e.g., telehealth, “meet them where they live” and other solutions).
- The Florida Blue Foundation has approximately $3 million for the funding of this program.
- The Foundation will fund three-year and four-year grants. The average amount per year is $80,000 - $100,000.
- Priority will be given to applicants that include collaborations and partnerships with other organizations in Florida.
Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations, public agencies, universities, colleges, training centers and other health care related facilities that:
- are based in Florida;
- have the capacity, expertise, resources, knowledge in the field and time needed to carry out the intent of this program;
- currently provide health services to the underserved, underinsured and low-income populations in Florida;
- have a five-year or longer track record in the field;
- have the capability to reach target populations described in this application; and
- only submit one application from the same institution/organization.
Completing the Application
We are simplifying the application process. The major portion of the information requested will be populated into the Program Logic Model.
The completed Program Logic Model will be uploaded to the application as an attachment. Basic information (e.g., name of the organization, program title, amount requested, etc.) will be requested within the application. Overall goal/purpose, objectives, tasks, time frame, evaluation indicators, population served and other details will be captured within the Program Logic Model.
The information within the Program Logic Model will then be the basis for all reporting for the programs selected for funding. A Partial Sample Program Logic Model is provided in the ATTACHMENTS tab as an example of how to complete the Program Logic Model.
- Application due date: April 20, 2018, by 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time Zone)
- Application Clarification Conference Calls
- March 12, 2018 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. (Eastern Time Zone)
- March 14, 2018 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Eastern Time Zone)
- Successful applicants notified: September 24, 2018
- Unsuccessful applicants notified: October 1, 2018
- Required grantee orientation: January 2019 (tentative)
Click here to access the online application for the Advance Innovation and Promote Solutions in the Health Care System program.
The Foundation will host two application clarification conference calls on the dates/times noted in the Important Dates/Deadlines section above. To participate in an application clarification conference call, dial toll-free: 1-800-882-3610. The pass code is 2871940#.
Questions also may be sent via email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or via phone: 1-800-477-3736, ext. 63215.
FB FBF 006 NF 032018