More . . .
- Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Principles
- Florida Blue Foundation Board of Directors and Staff
- Corporate Social Responsibility Report
- Foundation Focus Area Fact Sheet
- Advance Innovation and Promote Solutions in the Health Care System
- Improve Consumer Health
- Improve Quality and Safety of Patient Care
- Build Healthy, Strong Communities
- Sapphire Awards
- News and Notes
- Information about Supporting Organizations
Florida Blue Foundation
SUBMIT YOUR NOMINATIONS
The 2018 Sapphire Awards
Recognizing Excellence and Innovation in Community Health
APPLICATIONS DUE: October 1, 2017, 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time Zone)
APPLICATIONS DUE: October 1, 2017, 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time Zone)
GIVE THE GIFT OF RECOGNITION
Background and Purpose of the Sapphire Awards
In 2018 the Florida Blue Foundation will celebrate thirteen (13) years of presenting the Sapphire Awards to individuals, programs and organizations in community health. The first set of honorees were in 2005 and since that year, eighty-eight (88) Sapphire Awards, totaling more than $4.2 million, have been awarded to individuals, programs and organizations from across Florida. Follow this link to see the Sapphire Award Winners from 2005-2017.
The Sapphire Awards honor, through a competitive external review process, outstanding organizations’ effectiveness and services that are distinguished by exemplary leadership, innovation in service delivery and demonstrated successes in community health.
The Sapphire Awards are not a grant program. While there is a financial award, nomination applications should not be submitted with the sole intent of fundraising. The Sapphire Awards are designed to recognize what has been accomplished (demonstrated success), not what is hoped to be accomplished.
- Nomination Application Submissions Deadline Date: October 1, 2017, by 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time Zone)
- Nomination Application Clarification Conference Calls Dates NEW Dates and Times:
- September 14, 2017 - 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (Eastern Time Zone)
- September 15, 2017 - 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Eastern Time Zone)
- To join the Nomination Application Clarification Conference calls, dial: Toll free number: 1-800-882-3610 Passcode -- 2871940#
- Finalists and unsuccessful nominators notified on or before: February 28, 2018
- Honorees announced at the Sapphire Awards Dinner: May 3, 2018 Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center, Kissimmee, Florida (Honorees must be present to accept the award)
NOMINATION APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES
Organizations and Programs:
- An Organization may submit a Sapphire Award nomination application to seek recognition for the collective impact of all of its health-related services/interventions.
- An Organization seeking recognition for a single health-related program should submit a PROGRAM nomination application.
- Organizations named as “Winners” of the Sapphire Awards in previous years for the collective impact of all of its health-related programs may NOT submit another ORGANIZATION nomination application. These Winners may, however, submit a PROGRAM nomination application.
- Programs named as “Winners” of the Sapphire Awards in previous years for the impact of a single health-related program may NOT reapply for the same program. These Winners may, however, submit a nomination application seeking recognition for a different program.
- Organizations applying for a Sapphire Award must be incorporated in the state of Florida and the programs for which they are seeking recognition, either individually or collectively, must be currently conducted in the state of Florida. The organization or program must be in operation for a minimum of three (3) years.
- Organizations applying for a Sapphire Award must be either: A.) a 501(c)(3) organization, or B.) a unit of Florida government (e.g., county health department, K-12 school, college, university, etc.).
- Type III Supporting Organizations and private foundations are NOT eligible to submit a nomination application.
- Nominated individuals must be licensed health care professionals, administrators or volunteers who have worked and/or volunteered in the state of Florida with a “qualified” health-serving organization(s) that is/are physically located in Florida. Qualified health-serving organizations must be either: A.) a 501 (c)(3)organization, or B.) a unit of Florida government (e.g., county health department, K-12 school, college, university, etc.).
- While an individual may be nominated for his/her work as a professional, service as a volunteer or a combination of both, the nomination should focus heavily on the individual’s professional work and/or volunteer service performed in Florida.
- Individuals may be nominated for a career that spans more than one organization or community.
- Nominated individuals must have a proven record of more than three years.
- Nominated individuals can be active or retired.
- Nominated individuals must be alive and a resident of Florida at the time the nomination application is submitted. Posthumous nomination applications will not be considered.
- Individuals may be nominated by a peer, colleague, co-worker, staff member, board member, volunteer, patient, client from the organization where the individual works and/or volunteers, or from a separate organization. Self-nomination applications will not be accepted.
Nomination Applications can come from one person familiar with the organization, program or the individual being nominated. Organizations must include two (2) References from non-staff people such as current/former patients/clients, community leaders, elected officials, funders, representatives from partner agencies/organizations.
- Current and former employees, retirees and board members of the Florida Blue Foundation, Florida Blue (formerly Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida), the subsidiaries and affiliates of Florida Blue and GuideWell Mutual Holding Corporation, as well as spouses and family members, are prohibited from being a nominator, a nominee, or a reference for a nominee. Additionally, current and former members of the Sapphire Awards Review and Selection Committees, as well as spouses and family members, are also prohibited from being a nominator, nominee and a reference for a nominee.
- Florida Blue Foundation does not make grants or charitable contributions to organizations that discriminate in their provisions of goods and services based on race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sex, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status.
- All chosen finalists must be available for interviews and filming by the Foundation, and must be present at the Sapphire Awards Dinner on May 3, 2018.
A total of approximately $360,000 will be shared among the honorees (organizations, programs and individuals).
SUBMITTING A NOMINATION APPLICATION:
The Florida Blue Foundation uses an online application process. After you have read and printed the above 2018 Sapphire Awards Nomination Application Process and Eligibility Guidelines, please click on the appropriate link below to either: A.) start a new Organization, Program or Individual Nomination Application; or B.) access an existing Nomination Application and/or form you already started and saved.
To submit a Nomination Application for an Organization, Program or Individual, please CLICK HERE.
Phone: (800) 477-3736, ext. 63215
FB FBF 017 NF 082017