Numbers Every Man Should Know
June is Men’s Health Month. If you or a man in your life hasn’t had his wellness exam, now is the perfect time to get it scheduled. Even if you feel great, it’s important to get your annual checkup and find out how you’re doing on these health measurements from WebMD and American Heart Association.
- Heart health and stroke, which are monitored through:
- Blood pressure
- LDL and HDL cholesterol
- Body weight and body mass index (BMI)
- Diabetes—Hemoglobin A1C (HbA1c) test to measure average blood sugar levels
- Prostate cancer risk—PSA test and prostate exam
- Colorectal health—Rectal exam
- Testicular health—Regular testicular self-exams and screenings by your doctor
Make your health a priority now so you can enjoy the rest of your summer!
Filed under: Member News