HealthyBlue Rewards program (HealthyBlue) restrictions and limitations may apply. Members must be registered in HealthyBlue to be considered eligible for the HealthyBlue Rewards program. Eligible members can earn and redeem rewards for completing certain preventive screenings and tests between January 1 and December 31, 2020. This program is provided for all eligible members of Florida Blue and Florida Blue Medicare (collectively, “Florida Blue Medicare”) Medicare Advantage plans. These terms and conditions may change without prior notice.
Only current Florida Blue Medicare Medicare Advantage members in one of these plans are considered eligible for the 2020 HealthyBlue Rewards (HealthyBlue) program: BlueMedicare Classic (HMO), BlueMedicare Classic Plus (HMO), BlueMedicare Premier (HMO) BlueMedicare Complete (HMO D-SNP), BlueMedicare Choice (Regional PPO), BlueMedicare Value (PPO), BlueMedicare Select (PPO), and BlueMedicare Group PPO (Employer PPO). HealthyBlue Rewards earned in the program cease to exist when this eligibility is severed (member is no longer enrolled in eligible plan). No credit, transfer, or redemption of rewards is available after eligibility is severed.
Participation in HealthyBlue is voluntary and offered at no cost to you. The HealthyBlue Rewards program is not available to FHCP Medicare plan members at this time.
Important Dates to Know:
- You can earn HealthyBlue Rewards only by completing eligible health activities between January 1 and December 31, 2020.
- The deadline to redeem any HealthyBlue Rewards earned in 2020 is December 31, 2020, by noon EST. If you complete an eligible health activity on December 31, call us to report it so you’ll get credit and be able to earn your reward.
Changes and Disputes:
Florida Blue Medicare reserves the right, without prior notice, to discontinue or change the program at any time.
Florida Blue Medicare reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.
All questions or disputes regarding eligibility for this program, the eligibility for rewards, the availability of rewards and the terms and conditions of the program will be resolved by Florida Blue Medicare at its sole discretion.
HealthyBlue Rewards Program Rules
- Florida Blue Medicare is required to report to the IRS any amounts of $600 or more paid to individuals. If you receive $600 or more, you will receive a 1099 statement from Florida Blue Medicare. Please note that amounts less than $600, while not reported to the IRS by Florida Blue Medicare, may still be considered taxable income, and you should discuss any tax implications with a tax advisor.
- You can redeem your HealthyBlue Rewards for gift cards from a variety of popular merchants. Your earned HealthyBlue Rewards cannot be redeemed for cash and may not be used to pay for your health care plan premium or cost sharing (deductible, coinsurance or copayment).
- Eligible plan members can only earn one (1) reward per one (1) eligible health activity per calendar year.
- You receive rewards based on the claims we receive for your health activity, or when you give us the details for a completed health activity.
- Eligible plan members are responsible for accurately and honestly representing any eligible health activity they are reporting.
Each eligible member can enroll in HealthyBlue Rewards program by logging in to the Florida Blue Medicare member website at floridablue.com/medicare. To access the Rewards website, members will go to the My Health menu and click on “HealthyBlue Rewards.” Upon the first log in to the Rewards website, the member will need to read and accept the Terms and Conditions and confirm their communications preferences. The member will then be able to see their rewards dashboard, report rewardable activities and redeem earned rewards for gift cards from popular merchants. If the eligible member was enrolled in HealthyBlue Rewards last year, they will still need to follow the steps above upon first log in to the Rewards website in the following year.
Current health activities eligible for HealthyBlue Rewards include:
- Health Risk Appraisal
- Your Health Risk Appraisal (HRA) will help you learn the overall status of your health and identify opportunities for improvement. The survey will be available on the Florida Blue Medicare member website. You can access it by logging in to your member account at floridablue.com/medicare. If you don’t complete the HRA online, a Florida Blue representative will reach out throughout the year to help you complete it over the phone.
- Annual Wellness Exam or In-Home Assessment (an award will be given for completing one, not both, of the activities listed below).
- Your Annual Wellness Exam is not the same as an annual physical or visit when you are sick. It’s a special Medicare-covered visit. You can receive a reward only for getting an Annual Wellness Exam, not a physical or sick visit.
- Similar to an Annual Wellness Exam, an In-Home Visit is conducted by a certified nurse practitioner from one of Florida Blue Medicare’s approved vendors. A nurse practitioner will come to your home, or another convenient location if necessary, to gain an understanding of your current overall health and health goals, and to provide you with preventive steps. Florida Blue Medicare offers In-Home Visits, at no additional cost to you, to help you understand what you can do to stay your healthiest and reduce your chance of illness.
- Breast Cancer Screening (preventive mammogram) – Women only
- Bone Density Screening or Treatment for Osteoporosis – Women only
- The osteoporosis management reward is for women who have received a Bone Density screening or are taking certain medications for osteoporosis.
- Colon Cancer Screening
- There are several types of colon cancer screenings that qualify for rewards. However, you may earn only one reward for completing an eligible colon cancer screening per calendar year. You will receive credit for the colon cancer screening that is completed and reported back to Florida Blue Medicare first.
- Annual Flu Shot
- Diabetic Retinal Eye Exam
- Diabetic Blood Test (A1C)
- Diabetic Urine Test for Protein
Redemption and Deduction of HealthyBlue Rewards:
- Any Earned Rewards not redeemed before termination from program separation will expire.
- Earned Rewards may be used only to redeem for items in the online catalog. HealthyBlue Rewards are not redeemable for cash.
- HealthyBlue Rewards you accrue do not constitute your property. You may not transfer Earned Rewards to another participant. Earned Rewards have no monetary value except to the extent specifically provided for each reward.
Claiming a Reward
- Florida Blue Medicare reserves the right to modify catalog items available in the HealthyBlue Rewards online catalog at any time and without notice.
- When you have obtained a sufficient HealthyBlue Rewards amount, you may redeem an item(s) from those described in the online catalog.
- Catalog items are subject to availability and substitutions may be made based on availability or market conditions.
Termination of Program:
The HealthyBlue Rewards Program ends on December 31 of each year; any unredeemed Earned Rewards must be redeemed by no later than noon EST on December 31.
Participation Program Tracking:
It is the responsibility of each eligible participant to use their awarded dollars to redeem items from the Florida Blue Medicare HealthyBlue Rewards Program catalog. Awarded dollars from a participant’s Earned Rewards can be redeemed only for items presented in the HealthyBlue Rewards Program online catalog.
All textual, graphical and other content appearing on this World Wide Web site, unless otherwise noted, is the property of Florida Blue Medicare.